How to set the offset in Mach3??

Thread: How to set the offset in Mach3??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to set the offset in Mach3??

Just wondering how you set a 1/8" offset in Mach3, does any one have a couple of screenshots?
    All I am doing at this point is just cutting directly on the lines, I would like to offset by 1/8" or 3mm.
    Thanks for your help and time.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by crob09; 09-19-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

crob09

If you are just doing straight lines, then just change the Y or the X depends which axes you want to offset, by the amount you want to offset, like if the Y is Y0.0 then move it the dia of the cutter, say the cutter is .125 move the Y-.125 X4.0,

You can of cause use cutter comp with a G41 for cutter comp left & G42 for cutter comp right a G40 to cancel cutter comp

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    crob09

If you are just doing straight lines, then just change the Y or the X depends which axes you want to offset, by the amount you want to offset, like if the Y is Y0.0 then move it the dia of the cutter, say the cutter is .125 move the Y-.125 X4.0,

You can of cause use cutter comp with a G41 for cutter comp left & G42 for cutter comp right a G40 to cancel cutter comp
    Thanks mactec54!
    I am actually looking for an offset for a gear, can I ally the same principle but do it to both axis? I attached the DXF file if it helps.
    Sorry I am also lost on the G41, G41 and G40 commands, do I add this into the Gcode or does Mach do it based on the tools settings? Also how do I add a tool to Mach3, I was looking at it last night but had no luck figuring it out.
    Thanks again for the help and time.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

crob09

Save your file as a DXF & I will take a look, Do you not have a cam program, your offset of your cutter for a gear would need to be done in cam software

The control Mach reads the Gcode, it does not do the offset for your tool, But can ajust it if you are using cutter comp that has to be in your G code program of your part

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your help I attached the file.
    I don't have a CAM software, not sure what to get. I tried adjusting things in Mach3, all it does is cut the same profile but at a different location, it doesn't trace the Outside of the line instead it cuts on the line.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

How about Mastercam x5, will it work and if it does how?
    I installed a trial version.