SmartCamers

Thread: SmartCamers

Downloads
    Uploads

Default SmartCamers

I emailed a friend of mine who was involved with teh SmartCam Support user group. I asked him to send out an invite to the SmartCamers. Not sure if he is still in the user group or not since he just left the SmartCam job.

If anyone else knows any SmartCammers give them an invite. The could sure make use of this forum since their product is no longer supported.

Wee aim to please ... You aim to ... PLEASE.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Will do....

I know at least a couple.

PEACE

Downloads
    Uploads

I used SmartCam back in 1993/1994. It was horribly awkward. It didn't support surfaces, but instead, converted them to meshes.
    I think it was version 7.

How is it now? What version is the latest?

Just curious...

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

The last version was 11. I too used it from about V4 to V7 (I think). Then went to a shop that was still using it. They had V11. I found it rather awkward also. It had its strengths, but it was a very different way of doing things.

The product was sold to CAMAX which was later eaten by SDRC then the product was abandoned.

There are still some users out there who havent migrated to another system yet.

Wee aim to please ... You aim to ... PLEASE.

Downloads
    Uploads

HELLO, YES I'M STILL STUCK IN THE DARK AGES, AND STILL USE SMARTCAM V 11.5. FOR MILLING AND WED. I AM USED TO IT, BUT I SURE DO KNOW THERE ARE BETTER, EASIER, AND FASTER PROGRAMS OUT THERE. I USE AUTOCAD FOR DESIGN. NO 3-STUFF. GOOD TO SEE SOME INTEREST, AND SUPPORT. IS ANYONE USING SMARTCAM TO POST FOR A CHARMILLES 310???? I HAVE A POST, BUT I AM LIMITED TO 14 DIFFERENT SHAPES I N OREDER TO CODE BOTH CMD AND ISO'S AT THE SAME TIME.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I´m using SmartCam Ve. 7 and I´m having problems turning the saw tool from one axe to another.
    If somebody knows how I could solve this problem. I would be very gratefull. Thanks