TinkerCAD?

Thread: TinkerCAD?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TinkerCAD?

I've been trying to find an easy to use CAD which I can quickly learn, can produce technical drawings, preferably works offline, and can export both to CNC and 3D printers. I found TinkerCAD and love the interface. I know it's simple and limited, but I don't need anything fancier for the parts I make.

Is there something out there that combines TinkerCAD's interface with the other requirements I'm looking for?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TinkerCAD?

In order to produce the sort of program a CNC machine can execute, you don't simply "export" the CAD model to the router or mill; you need another piece of software, called "CAM" for Computer Aided Machining which breaks the model down into toolpaths for specific tools and machining operations. Deskproto is an example of a CAM program with a fairly simple interface. 3D printers are similar; they require a "slicer" and there are lots of them available for download. Repetier and Cura are a couple of popular slicers you could check out.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TinkerCAD?

Sorry, I meant to update this thread earlier. At the suggestion of TinkerCAD I gave Fusion 360 a try. While it can still be frustrating at time, I've been able to do what I want with it. Plus, it's free.