Build Thread Timing Sprocket

Thread: Timing Sprocket

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Timing Sprocket

Hi Guys. Hey I have sat at my pc looking for a CAD generator for a 8mm pitch timing sprocket I want to make on my CNC Router. I cant find one?!?!

I did try the CamBam one and upsized the 5mm by 1.6 and got a completely different size to the one in my hand. So I am not keen to waste time to see it wont work.

Can anyone point me to a free generator they know of? Actually what is the correct P/N for an 8mm pitch sprocket? I dont know much about them at all.

I have Cambam and Punch ViaCad

Rgds
    Boyd

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Timing Sprocket

Quote Originally Posted by boydage View Post
    Hi Guys. Hey I have sat at my pc looking for a CAD generator for a 8mm pitch timing sprocket I want to make on my CNC Router. I cant find one?!?!

I did try the CamBam one and upsized the 5mm by 1.6 and got a completely different size to the one in my hand. So I am not keen to waste time to see it wont work.

Can anyone point me to a free generator they know of? Actually what is the correct P/N for an 8mm pitch sprocket? I dont know much about them at all.

I have Cambam and Punch ViaCad

Rgds
    Boyd
    Have you tried this one or Gearotic

"Gearotic Motion Gear design Software"
    Sprocketeer | IdleAmusements.com

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Timing Sprocket

Hi All,

Well I solved it. BUT! I needed an 8mm pitch where CamBam only has a wizard for 5mm pitch. I did read somewhere where a person just upsized in percent to the chain pitch he had. I did that. I needed 8mm so upsized by 160%. When I measured it off the screen though it seemed too small so made it larger.

I made a test one to find it was too big. So I trusted my computer and made one at 160% larger than 5mm which is what I should have done in the first place. Its perfect and has saved me US$35 and I need two so saved me US$70. Stoked and picture attached of my CamBam upsized timing pulley.

Im so happy I uploaded a picture. Still have the center to bore out and key but hey, its a winner.

Best Regards From NZ
    Boyd