draftsight free cad fonts

Thread: draftsight free cad fonts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default draftsight free cad fonts

Hey all have been using draftsight to draw parts I need to be cut on a cnc router. I am trying to work out how to do text and also what fonts are cnc router friendly. I want some text cut into a piece of plastic that will be rear illuminated. Any help much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bluc View Post
    Hey all have been using draftsight to draw parts I need to be cut on a cnc router. I am trying to work out how to do text and also what fonts are cnc router friendly. I want some text cut into a piece of plastic that will be rear illuminated. Any help much appreciated.
    Create the text you want, then save drawing as .dxf. Try a wide letter font like Impact. Import to your Cam program and see how it looks. Experinent with different fonts.

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Text usually ends up with a lot of line segments, or they are splines that cnc machines find hard to read. I recommend going in and simplifying the text after you make it before trying to cut it.

My CAM software has an option to automatically simplify text, and eliminate splines, but if yours doesnt - you can do it manually.