CAD CAM software for commercial use?

Thread: CAD CAM software for commercial use?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool CAD CAM software for commercial use?

What is the best cad/cam software for commercial use?
    And what's the difference between cad and cam software?
    can't i use either one for cnc routing ?

I am setting up a company here however i would like to know which software is good for both simulation and easy to use programming interface that would both do 3-axis and multi-axis (4 to 5 axis best if).

What is the condition and fees for those license and what's that different from some opensource one?
    As in pros & cons?

I am new to CNC so hoping to get a quick grip from your experienced machinist =)

Many thanks,

Sincerely,
    Daniel.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by papaonn View Post
    What is the best cad/cam software for commercial use?

[That really depends on what you're trying to produce, what machines you're producing it on, and who is going to be using it.]

And what's the difference between cad and cam software?

[CAD stands for Computer Aided Design. It's used for creating a model or drawing on the computer. CAM stands for Computer Aided Machining. It analyzes the model or drawing you made in your CAD program and writes a program (usually) in G-code that is sent to the software that controls the machine so it can cut the part out of a piece of material.]

can't i use either one for cnc routing ?

[Usually you'd use both.]

I am setting up a company here however i would like to know which software is good for both simulation and easy to use programming interface that would both do 3-axis and multi-axis (4 to 5 axis best if).

[There are many programs like that, but as you add advanced features like 5-axis machining, ease of use goes down.]

What is the condition and fees for those license and what's that different from some opensource one?
    As in pros & cons?

[You'd have to get a lot more specific about what software packages you're interested in before discussing conditions and fees. They vary a lot. In general, though, open-source software doesn't come with any support, so you're on your own if you want to try it, with nobody to blame but yourself if you can't make it work. On the other hand, it doesn't cost money, just time.]

Daniel.
    [I'd suggest doing a lot more reading about this subject before investing any money, but feel free to play with some open-source software to see if it does what you want.]

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com