Old Regular UHU (for 60V to 80V and less) - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Old Regular UHU (for 60V to 80V and less)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LZ1TWB View Post
    Here is what I have posted some 4 years ago.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=fanuc&page=50 post #591

These are my motors for Y and Z, the X motor is the same type, twice the rotor length, 5.4Nm, a heavy beast. PS voltage is 65V, I am now working at 5000mm/min max with a 10mm/round screws and 1024 pulses encoders.

Calculated axis force at nominal torque of the small motor is around 170kg I think. More than enough for a wood work.

Todor
    Thanks for the reply Todor !

Your UHU board looks like mine, I remember, you gave me that tip for the heavy copper but i used soldering braid, Congrats for your finished machine !!! (where are the pics ? i've been away from the forum for a long time)

I saw the motor, heavy beast ! do you have any vid on yotube of the gantry flying at 5000mm/min ?

From what I remember the guy told me the voltage was up to 220V... will it run at full speed if i feed it out of 65V with higher current ?
    [say the motor is rated 500W (220V 2.3A) & want to run it at 500W (60V 9A) is that possible ?]

170Kg are you able to route aluminium ?

What do you think is the minimal cutting force for wood ? (I want to use a roller chain drive)

Thanks !
    cnc2.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I haven't uploaded any video on the net yet. As for your motors, running them at lower voltage you will not get their full speed. Smaller differences are not important but here you've got ~4 times higher voltage.

Current is proportional to torque. Overloading the motor will lead to higher current but this will heat it more, and eventually damage it. It is suggested to keep within the specs.

Yes, I've tried to face a aluminum bar here, but the machine isn't rigid and stiff enough for a good finish. It was build for non metallic pieces mainly.

The force of the cut strongly depends on the sharpness of the tool. The newer the tool, the less force and much less noise generated while cutting. I've not measured it, nor I think I need to. My main restriction for fast heavy cuts is the spindle current limit for now. Since the regulator is also homemade, 10A was the setting I could sometimes bring it to the end. Anyway for a normal work it's enough.

Todor

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info Todor !
    cnc2.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,
    It has been sometime since I bought my servo units from Manjeet.
    The purpose of this posting is that my one and only schematic of this older style UHU servo is fading and I am hoping that some kind person would help me out with information as to where I might get a copy.
    Many thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi GMS !

What copy do you want to get ? the copy of what ?

where did you get a schematic in a "fading format"/"fading support" ??? you should have downloaded the zip package with PDFs of the PCB, layout & schematic.
    here's the link to that zip file http://www.gertronik.de/cncecke/servo.zip

For more info go to: http://gsst.wikispaces.com/UHUget

Hope it helps !
    cnc2.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Schematics for Uli's original design

Hello cnc2,

Thanks for your reply but after I had posted my enquiry I found the information in the first page of the original thread describing Uli's servo design.
    So I now have all that I was looking for and I appreciate you taking time out to help.

Kindest regards
    GMS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We have been selling these boards for quite sometime now. I'm not on this forum as much as use to, too many other projects. The cnc forum has sure grown.

Link
    UHU Servo

Kin

http://www.embeddedtronics.com/
    Robotics, CNC, and Controllers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello!
    Where can I find newest, freshest, hottest (means most actual) PCB layout for UHU? Did anybody have Eagle *.brd file for it?

I will probably use 100W - 200W(max) servos @ 48V (or little more).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys,
    I' m truing to fine tune my UHUs and when I connect them with the serial cable
    although they do connect with the eeprom (OK), the line from the terminal program
    remains dead flat no mater what. I mean when I try to rotate the motor shaft while
    it holds its position, the line remains straight.
    Is that normal?
    I would be grateful for any help!
    Koslaz.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Koslaz,

I am trying to do the same now with my embedded electronics UHU Servo. Have you started the 'analyse' function (A <return>)? You should see a red line start tracing across the screen. This will display the error in realtime. I am having a hard time getting the tuning just right - I am using the 'G' command (for instance G100) to try and give it a step function. The problem with this is 'E', the acceptable error has to be greater than the move you make with 'G'. I have also tried running Mach3 at the same time, which works, I can see the error in realtime, but I can't seem to get to values which give me an acceptable response.

I don't wish to hijack the thread - but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew

munchy, because I eat a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads

You can't really tune it on one computer, I have tried it already. You need a second PC for the UHU software. Don't use the G command, it starts without acceleration and you don't need this, work with MACH3.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345