High Power UHU Thread (HP.UHU) - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: High Power UHU Thread (HP.UHU)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: High Power UHU Thread (HP.UHU)

Just a quick addendum to this. Here's a PDF of the schematic in that adapter board. In the photo from the previous post the left board is an Automotive Networking Board from Microchip that can take various processors and Click modules for external interfaces. It also has a 2x25 header for a bunch of the processor pins. That's in the top left part of the drawing. Below that marked PIC18 is the cable that goes to the 40 pin PIC processor socket. In between level translation from the PIC32 3.3V to the PIC18F series 5V. Not all level translation devices are used.
    The software ported easily and that's all that was required to upgrade an 8 bit processor to a 32 bit without any extra 'features' The level translation and pin translation is the middle board in the photo and on the far right my ELS.

This is a large version of Henrik Olsson's dsPIC upgrade for the HP_UHU which I really do recommend. It can handle higher resolution encoders and step rates.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: High Power UHU Thread (HP.UHU)

Good Job!! I am also waiting for the component market to stabilize before committing to new designs. It is paradoxical that now I have the time but the resources are lacking and stocks unstable with long waiting times, some until mid and end of 2023. What I am doing now is only limited to testing new algorithms and doing simulations.

Maybe I needed the extra time to enjoy life and take it easy, but then the covid issue came and traveling around became a risky thing for old people.

Regards,

kreutz

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234