Problem Back cutting a radius

Thread: Back cutting a radius

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Back cutting a radius

I'm having difficulty trying to back cut a blend radius and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what strategy to use?
    We are using NX 7.5.
    The component has a bore straight through of 60mm and an outside dia of 100mm. It has a stub going in through the OD with a bore of 40mm with a blend radius of 2.5mm with the 60mm bore.
    I am trying to use a T-Cutter of 25mm dia x 4mm.

I understand I can never physically cut the correct radius profile all around but the more I can machine on the better.

Currently my only mehtod is to chop the component in half and machine it backwards in NX, then invert the Z axis movements manually. A mistake is bound to happen with this method!

Hopefully one of you out there can point me in the right direction for this sort of cutting, in my mind it should be simple but NX seems to struggle, highly frustrating!

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers.