Need Help! NX CAD help

Thread: NX CAD help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NX CAD help

1st, let me say sorry if I am posting on the wrong thread as I did not see NX in the CAD forum. I just joined this company using NX and this is my 1st time to use NX. I have this folder that has so many NX part some of which I believe is not being use. I want to put all necessary parts in a new folder that is used for drafting and assy to tidy up the folder. I am a SolidWorks user, where we have this option of pack-and-go that let you export all linked part to a new folder. Is there a similar way to do it in UG NX? thank you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

To answer your question better I would like to know a little more. Are you talking about multiple assemblies or a single .prt file? Are you trying to move unused files out of the folder, or make a new folder with the "latest and greatest"?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jakewick3 View Post
    To answer your question better I would like to know a little more. Are you talking about multiple assemblies or a single .prt file? Are you trying to move unused files out of the folder, or make a new folder with the "latest and greatest"?
    i am talking about multiple assemblies, and my goal is to put all the latest and greatest into a new folder. thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You need to use UG zip it will take all files used in assembly and create a zip file then create your new folder and unzip to it and you will have a folder with just the files being used in the assembly.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by doc0455 View Post
    You need to use UG zip it will take all files used in assembly and create a zip file then create your new folder and unzip to it and you will have a folder with just the files being used in the assembly.
    Is this available in NX7.5?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: NX CAD help

Can I open a part file saved in NX 7.5.5.4 with NX 7.5.0.32 ??? How does backward limitation works with NX? Thanks!