UC300ETH, M45, C25 - problem with inputs

Thread: UC300ETH, M45, C25 - problem with inputs

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default UC300ETH, M45, C25 - problem with inputs

Hi, I am using the UC300ETH board on an M45 motherboard with a C25 breakout board attached. All the outputs are working well and I am successfully controlling 4 motors with those outputs. I hooked up home switches and notice that when I am in the diagnostic screen, no inputs change states when I hit the home sensors even though the leds on the breakout board are turning on and off according to the switch state. I disconnected the switches and just ran direct connections to either ground or +5v on the breakout board, again the leds on the bob indicate that a high or low level is present on the input pins, yet nothing shows on the diagnostic screen. I tried both ports 1 and 2, using inputs 10, 11, 12, 13 and other inputs. All leds on bob show the transitions, but UCCNC does not see any changes making homing impossible at this point. Again, all outputs work properly, this problem is with inputs only. Is there anything I can try to see what is wrong. I am using the latest download of UCCNC software. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UC300ETH, M45, C25 - problem with inputs

If this is with the 2017 screen, check with the default screen.
    If it's the default screen, contact Arturo at CNC4PC, and CNC Drive. I think that the current version of UCCNC is the first version to support the M45, so there may be a problem there.
    I first bought an M44 with my UC300ETH, and there were firmware issues with that setup.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So here's the scoop... I contacted Arturo about this issue and he responded right away to make me aware that the C25 board was not compatible with the M45 motherboard for the UC300ETH. PHEWWWWWY! I thought for a while I was loosing my marbles. So he suggested I try the C11GS bob, and good news... IT WORKS GREAT!!!! Thanks Arturo! Since we are both in Florida, I had the board the next morning. I had to do a bit of fiddling, but when all was said and done, this bob was even better than the C25 as it has built-in VFD control and an extra relay I will be using to control my mister. YAY! Super happy now. So here are some pics of the M45 with the C25 board that the outputs worked great, but had an issue with the inputs, and the M45 with the C11gs board which is working perfectly. Learning a lot on this project thats for sure, but well worth it.

C25 board...

C11gs board...

On the second pic, the board above the C11gs board is a little optocoupler circuit that I put together to interface the PNP NC home sensors to the bob for homing purposes. It works great and is optically separated from the bob. I used 2 dual optos with 12v inputs from the sensors to 5v outputs for the bob. I had a spare sip resistor array available and solder it to the back of the output side of the perboard for pullups. Here is a close up of my not so great perfboard wiring skills... Its been a while...

but it works just fine. I probably should have saved the perfboard since it had the Radio Shack logo on it and would someday command millions from a collector, but, oh well... I added another board to the mix, being an optically isolated 4 channel relay board just in case I wanted to control more outputs, but at this point, not used yet. All in all, the Ebay multicam is up and running, with home sensors, spindle control and tool length sensor working. Now to fire up ger21's 2017 screenset and start cutting.

Here is a pic of everything wired up so far...

I have to say, after building a dozen CNC routers over the years, I am totally impressed with UCCNC and can't wait to utilize and understand everything it has to offer. A BIG thanks to all involved!!! Here is a quick video of my first time running the machine with the spindle controlled by UCCNC...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UC300ETH, M45, C25 - problem with inputs-bobc25-jpg   UC300ETH, M45, C25 - problem with inputs-bobc11-jpg   UC300ETH, M45, C25 - problem with inputs-optofront-jpg   UC300ETH, M45, C25 - problem with inputs-optoback-jpg  

UC300ETH, M45, C25 - problem with inputs-wiredup1-jpg  
    Last edited by motogeeking; 06-30-2017 at 10:10 PM.

What was your process for tuning the dual X axis? Since the mechanical drive mechanisms are different. E.g. acme thread vs rack and pinion. Teknic instructions just say to contact them if your mechanical design is different between axis.