New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC - Page 6

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC

Hi Dan,
    Just purchased a new Hitachi wj200 vfd. First question is if your setup will work with this VFD? Second, if it does, could you repost the most current configuration and downloads needed including a link
    to the purchase of the serial usb adapter?
    I've been through the 100 posts and it's unclear what works and what doesn't and which version is the latest.
    Thank you in advance for all your efforts and posts.
    Art

Downloads
    Uploads

This adapter should work, as I'm using it with Dan's Huanyang plugin.
    Amazon.com: JBtek USB to RS485 Converter Adapter ch340T chip 64-bit Window 7 Supported: Computers & Accessories

I'm using this driver with it.
    http://www.wch.cn/download/CH341SER_EXE.html

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by alevitt53 View Post
    Hi Dan,
    Just purchased a new Hitachi wj200 vfd. First question is if your setup will work with this VFD? Second, if it does, could you repost the most current configuration and downloads needed including a link
    to the purchase of the serial usb adapter?
    I've been through the 100 posts and it's unclear what works and what doesn't and which version is the latest.
    Thank you in advance for all your efforts and posts.
    Art
    Hi Art,

Yes, I'm certain this plugin will work for the Hitachi wj200. It was the wj200 that made me increase the frequency resolution to 40000 in plugin for another user, and why homebrew had trouble at first with another Hitachi model. That model needed 4000.

The reason you are having trouble finding the latest version plugin is I haven't posted yet, I need to add a setting for frequency resolution that so far seems only wj200 uses and just haven't had time. I will post sometime this weekend and in the meantime just use the plugin I posted for homebrew in post#98 to test.

If using a china spindle with a max frequency of 400hz you will need to put 4000 in plugin max freq configure window to achieve the resolution needed for the wj200. I will search through my emails/pm to find the settings that the other 2 wj200 users I know of are using. I do remember 1 used single coil and other multi coils setting in plugin. I will post pic of configure window if this is not making sense to you once I'm sure.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All,

Having a 4 day weekend and used some of that time to fix some issues within plugin, biggest being a check I removed in a previous version but left in data event and caused timeout and some systems to lock up or crash. Fixed. Also fixed a minor issue with the Multi Coil function. Haven't had a chance to add back the amp read and fix some incorrect info in manual but will eventually get to it.

Here are the settings for the Hitachi WJ200, these settings should work with mostly all VFD's that accept theses Modbus functions Single Coil(5) and Multi Coil(0F), just make sure you use correct registers in VFD manual. Using the Single Coil you won't be able to use CCW only CW. Use the multiple coil function for CW and CCW.

The Hitachi WJ200 is the only VFD I seen so far that needs a 0-40000 range for frequency so I didn't bother implementing a setting for this, just add a zero to end of MaxHZ in plugin configure. EXAMPLE with a china 24,000/400hz spindle(4000) THIS IS ONLY WITH WJ200.

WJ200 Only CW New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-wj200-single-coil-jpg

WJ200 CW and CCW New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-multi-coils-jpg

A few tips using Multiple Coils in plugin if settings not listed, will be adding this to manual.

1. The ON/OFF register/coil field is used for first coil and is set to turn only 4 consecutive coils on/off.

Example

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-document-jpg

You need UCCNC version 1.0239 or higher

Download ModbusEZ 14>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MODBUSEZ..zip

Last edited by Dan911; 11-26-2017 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Added needed UCCNC Versions

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Hi All,

Having a 4 day weekend and used some of that time to fix some issues within plugin, biggest being a check I removed in a previous version but left in data event and caused timeout and some systems to lock up or crash. Fixed. Also fixed a minor issue with the Multi Coil function. Haven't had a chance to add back the amp read and fix some incorrect info in manual but will eventually get to it.

Here are the settings for the Hitachi WJ200, these settings should work with mostly all VFD's that accept theses Modbus functions Single Coil(5) and Multi Coil(0F), just make sure you use correct registers in VFD manual. Using the Single Coil you won't be able to use CCW only CW. Use the multiple coil function for CW and CCW.
    Hi Dan,

how can I see if I have a single or Multicoil spindle?
    I have the elte TMPE3 12/2 220V 24.000rpm spindle.
    And I have the WJ200 VFD.

Which exact seetting does it need?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by marndra View Post
    Hi Dan,

Either would work for the WJ200. Modbus has two functions to write to coils, Function(5) writes to just a single coil, and Function(15) to write to multiple coils.

That's why I state if you choose single coil you won't have reverse because you will only be turning on 1 coil the on/off. To have reverse you would need to write to 2 coils(multiple) and this will write to the on/off coil and the forward and reverse coil.

Hope I made it clearer,

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,

Rereading I realized I didn't completely answer your question.

ModbusEZ plugin writes nothing to your spindle and settings needed for spindle has to be done with the wj200. What the plugin does need to know about spindle is it's max RPM and max frequency. This should be written on spindle nameplate.

Downloads
    Uploads

Everything clear what you previously explained. But what I understood is, that if I want to work with modbus cw and ccw I need a spindle which support this?
    Clear, I need to setup my wj200 aligned for my elte spindle.
    But the point in the "trigger" (your dll) to send this cw/ccw needs for the wj200 a spindle which has mulitcoils?
    My spindle has the classic U V W contacts. Which coils, I don't know.
    Is it not possible to change via the modbus in the wj200 simple the rotary field?

Downloads
    Uploads

Everything clear what you previously explained. But what I understood is, that if I want to work with modbus cw and ccw I need a spindle which support this?
    Clear, I need to setup my wj200 aligned for my elte spindle.
    But the point in the "trigger" (your dll) to send this cw/ccw needs for the wj200 a spindle which has mulitcoils?
    My spindle has the classic U V W contacts. Which coils, I don't know.
    Is it not possible to change via the modbus in the wj200 simple the rotary field?
    The coils I'm referring to are in the Hitachi WJ200 not spindle.. Look at post #104 in this thread, there's a picture taken from the WJ200 manual on bottom of post of the coils I am referring to.

Hope this helps,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all,

I previously posted that this plugin was rewritten from ground up and now I implemented the Amp Read back in. This version has been being tested for many weeks and now expect this to be final version.

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-modbusez-v15-jpg

Download ModbusEZ V15>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ModbusEZV15.zip

Last edited by Dan911; 12-17-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

how many decimal places? :-)

UCCNC powered uk machine sales
    https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by battwell View Post
    how many decimal places? :-)
    LOL... The final version I posted only uses 1 decimal place to match the other TextFields in UCCNC.

Since there was a few minor changes in the one you tested with 2 decimal places here you go......MODBUSEZV15.4.zip

Thanks again,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by crash416
    Hi Dan911,

Thank you very much for taking the time to put together that plugin so people like me who have no experience in programming whatsoever can setup our spindle to be controlled through UCCNC. I am completely new to this and have been trying to get everything setup while learning along the way.

I am currently running UCCNC 1.2043 and using a Delta VFD-E (changed settings to RTU 8 bits, no polarity, 1 stop bit and a DamenCNC Teknomotor (Max Freq is 400Hz and Max RPM is 24000). The Delta VFD-E and VFD-M communication addresses appear to be the same and so I used the Delta VFD-M settings you have included in the MODBUSEZ 11 instruction manual (since the latest MODBUSEZ. did not have a manual). I have the Delta VFD-E connected to my computer via the Delta IFD6500 USB to RS485 converter.

I changed my Delta VFD-E communication protocol (9.04 parameters) to setting 6 which is RTU 8,N,1. The communication address was already set to 1. The baudrate is at 9600 currently. I also have a M3 relay for CW connected.

After configuring the plugin setup to what is shown for Delta VFD-E in your instruction manual, saving the settings, and closing then reopening UCCNC, the "Serial Port Setup" settings does not show up anymore until I click "Available Ports" again. I'm unsure if this is fine or not which leads me to my questions below.

Are my "Serial Port Setup" setting supposed to show or disappear everytime I restart UCCNC and reopen the plugin's configure window?
    How do I start the spindle through UCCNC to test it? I do not have any sample Gcode files yet to import but when I press the spindle clockwise button on the Run user interface on UCCNC, the UB1 board's light where it is connected to turns on but the spindle does not turn on. Before I attempted this modbus plugin, the spindle will turn on through the potentiometer on the Delta VFD-E.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate everything that you do and are doing for those of us who are in the same boat as I.

Hi crash416,

I hope you don't mind me posting this in thread but thought this info could be useful to others and limit some of my PM's.

The Delta VFD-E series does use different settings than the VFD-M series like in ModbusEZ V15 manual.

ON/FF register = 2000

Frequency register = 2001

CW = 0012

CCW = 0022

STOP = 0001

You will need to check box = Single Holding Registers

Check settings in your VFD parameters for commands and Frequency to use RS-485 = 02.01 and 02.02. These are the settings you will need to adjust if you decide to use on/off relay on UBI board and RPM only in ModbusEZ plugin.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Crash416 I couldn't send pic with pm

Third dip switch default setting is on and needs to be off otherwise its forcing PR.02.02 to setting 2 and you need 3 for RS485.

New MODBUSEZ SetUp Plugin For UCCNC-vfd-e-jpg

Dan

Last edited by Dan911; 12-19-2017 at 12:21 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Dan. I have read through this thread, and thanks for putting the modbus plugin together

I am reconfiguring a Chinece OmioCNC 6040 machine with UCCNC sw and UC300-5LPT and HDBB2 bob. The machine uses a Nowforever E100 VFD and 2.2kw 24k spindle. As I see it not to many users has mentioned this VFD. I wonder if there is anything not mentioned here, or in the manual, to watch out for?
    Is the ModbusEZ V15, the latest version for download?

Thanks in advance
    Regards Ronny

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ronsand View Post
    Hello Dan. I have read through this thread, and thanks for putting the modbus plugin together

I am reconfiguring a Chinece OmioCNC 6040 machine with UCCNC sw and UC300-5LPT and HDBB2 bob. The machine uses a Nowforever E100 VFD and 2.2kw 24k spindle. As I see it not to many users has mentioned this VFD. I wonder if there is anything not mentioned here, or in the manual, to watch out for?
    Is the ModbusEZ V15, the latest version for download?

Thanks in advance
    Regards Ronny
    Hi Ronny,

Yes Modbus V15 is the latest version and there's settings in the ModbusEZ manual for the Nowforever E100 VFD. If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Super. Thanks for speedy response Dan I have the new UCCNC stuff waiting for me when I get home from work in about a week, and will keep you updated

Downloads
    Uploads

I have now converted my OmioCNC 6040 to UCCNC with UC300ETH and HDBB2. Everything is connected and working fine (steppers, home/limit switches, touch probe etc.
    I have also connected the 2.2kv spindle / D100 Nowforever VFD over Modbus using a RS485 adapter (seems to have the same settings as the E100 with 1.3FW). After some messing around with the VFD settings, I have now full control of the spindle over Modbus using the ModbusEZ plugin; stop/start, CW/CCW, frequency change etc. The only issue is that I am not displaying the actual spindle speed (Sact) on UCCNC. When commanding S8000 or any other MDI speed command the spindle speeds up and displays only "Sset" but not the "Sact".
    Any idea what I am missing out on?

Last edited by ronsand; 02-08-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I see that in the last few versions of the plugin you can't set the Sact label. Is this then hard-coded in the plugin? In UCCNC, the default label number for Sact is 870. If not set to 870, what is it then set to in the plugin?

Downloads
    Uploads

I new I was on the right rack regarding the Sact field, and found the answer in one of the other UCCNC threads (HY VFD); the UCCNC Sact field had to be set to 2451 for the dro to display the value. Everything is working as it should now

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast