Unerstanding the UCCNC PWM settings for VFD/Spindle - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unerstanding the UCCNC PWM settings for VFD/Spindle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Unerstanding the UCCNC PWM settings for VFD/Spindle

Are you getting a connected window on start up with UCCNC?
    Yes, I always get the "HYPLUGIN connected on port no" window whenever I start uccnc

edit to add, I can also hear the VFD switching every time I try and start the spindle, so it's doing something!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by needleworks View Post
    Yes, I always get the "HYPLUGIN connected on port no" window whenever I start uccnc

edit to add, I can also hear the VFD switching every time I try and start the spindle, so it's doing something!
    Needleworks,

I don't know which country you are located in, and which version of UCCNC you are running, but...

Unless you are located in USA and/or running a USA version of Windows you need to install the test UCCNC version 1.2031 because the localization is wrong in the previous versions (except 1.2030 which was withdrawn due to some serious errors).
    So, perhaps if you'd install UCCNC 1.2031 the problems might go away. That is, unless you already have that version installed.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

What's happening is the plugin won't set a frequency lower than 8000 rpm or higher than 24000 rpm as another safety feature.

Go to UCCNC spindle set up and set your min to 8000 rpm and max to 24000 rpm, or set a RPM in UCCNC between 8000 - 24000 before trying to turn on spindle.

That's why when you go to Mach3 and come back it works. Its setting a frequency on the VFD.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    What's happening is the plugin won't set a frequency lower than 8000 rpm or higher than 24000 rpm as another safety feature.

Go to UCCNC spindle set up and set your min to 8000 rpm and max to 24000 rpm, or set a RPM in UCCNC between 8000 - 24000 before trying to turn on spindle.
    Shouldn't that be a user parameter? In fact it is not necessary at all since UCCNC has a parameter for that. Also, why 8000 RPM low limit when most of the motors have a 6000 low limit specifications?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Shouldn't that be a user parameter? In fact it is not necessary at all since UCCNC has a parameter for that. Also, why 8000 RPM low limit when most of the motors have a 6000 low limit specifications?
    Actually I considered adding and option for this in the plugin config setup for air cooled spindles that RPM min is higher, but like you mention this parameter can be set within UCCNC.

Why 8000 rpm min? This was the minimum RPM for my 3kw spindle. If anyone request I can put to 6000rpm.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Needleworks,

I don't know which country you are located in, and which version of UCCNC you are running, but...

Unless you are located in USA and/or running a USA version of Windows you need to install the test UCCNC version 1.2031 because the localization is wrong in the previous versions (except 1.2030 which was withdrawn due to some serious errors).
    So, perhaps if you'd install UCCNC 1.2031 the problems might go away. That is, unless you already have that version installed.
    UK my friend, just tried version 1.2031, no difference I'm afraid.

That's why when you go to Mach3 and come back it works. Its setting a frequency on the VFD.

Dan
    Ahh, just realised this may be where the problem lies. I'm using an RF45 converted mill, which runs through a geared head, therefore my max rpm will be about 2500 ! I tried changing the settings as you suggested 8000 > 24000, but still no change, in fact all it did was alter all the M3 commands in my gcode to 5050 rpm, which I could never get.

Downloads
    Uploads

UK my friend, just tried version 1.2031, no difference I'm afraid.

Ahh, just realised this may be where the problem lies. I'm using an RF45 converted mill, which runs through a geared head, therefore my max rpm will be about 2500 ! I tried changing the settings as you suggested 8000 > 24000, but still no change, in fact all it did was alter all the M3 commands in my gcode to 5050 rpm, which I could never get.

That never crossed my mind. No setting your min and max rpm to 8000 - 24000 wont help. Its still going send 133.33 to 400 to VFD. If you don't mind I would like to have a little fun with this. If your max rpm is 2500 what's your minimum?
    and using Mach3 with plugin what does the frequency read on your VFD with max rpm and min RPM?

Please answer me in the Huanyang Macro Thread, were hijacking zymurgy42 thread...lol The link is below

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/uccnc-...vfd-macro.html

Downloads
    Uploads

Actually I considered adding and option for this in the plugin config setup for air cooled spindles that RPM min is higher, but like you mention this parameter can be set within UCCNC.

Why 8000 rpm min? This was the minimum RPM for my 3kw spindle. If anyone request I can put to 6000rpm.
    All the 24000rpm spindles I have seen have 6000rpm minimum speed specified, regardless if water or air cooled. Perhaps yours was an exception, or perhaps 3kW motors generate more heat that the fan can handle. My 1.5kW is air cooled and has a minimum speed of 6000rpm as well, but regardless of which, that is the minimum speed for operation. Test running without load is perfectly safe even at very low speeds. Anyway, that should be up to the user, since like I said, UCCNC (and also Mach3) has a limiting option already built in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12