Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin - Page 18

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Critical Update!

Quote Originally Posted by paulcc View Post
    Need help! I'm trying to get the Dan's HuanYang plugin to work with 2017 screenset.

My current configuration is Win 7 (latest updates), Intel D525DM MB with 4GB RAM and latest BIOS update, UC400ETH, UCCNC 1.2039, RS232 to RS485 converter on COM2, HY11 and latest version of 2017 Screenset.

Current symptoms are:

* SpindleTalker2 operates HY Spindle
    * UCCNC default screenset will operate HY spindle with HY11 or HY12 plugins
    * 2017 Screenset will not operate spindle with HY10, 11 or 12.

In addition, the UCCNC save settings pop up takes 40 seconds to clear. This may not be a related issue, but I mention incase it might be a useful clue.

Any help/hints will be appreciated
    Hi paulcc,

I use and tested 2017 screenset with all versions but what I forgot I did and failed to mention is causing this confusion. ops:

You need to change the RPM field number in screen edit in 2017 screen set to 2451.

Use HY12, and using 2017 screenset go to screen edit and click on the RPM field and change number to 2451 and you will be good to go.

Sorry,
    Dan

EDIT:

Actually I didn't fail to mention, check post #307 in this thread. I will add it to manual though.

Last edited by Dan911; 06-16-2017 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Add

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

Success! Thanks for contributing and supporting this extremely useful plugin; especially with no compensation. We all owe you Dan!

Now I can commence fine tuning the installation and tackling the god awful EMI from the Huan Yang

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,
    I agree with Paul, you are awesome!
    The plugin works like a charm.
    A very happy HY12 user here.
    Regards, Jack.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the kind words Jack and Paulcc, I written this plugin for myself and very happy to share it. I been visiting this site for many years and been helped countless times by members and it makes be happy to finally be able to give a little back.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan, I wouldn't call that a little contribution, though!
    Kind regards, Jack.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Downloads
    Uploads

How can I setup the "Sact Labelnumber" in HY12? In HY10, this setting did exist.

Downloads
    Uploads

The field number on the screen needs to be 2451.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    The field number on the screen needs to be 2451.
    Thank you for your quick reply ger21,

but there is no entity named "field number". Maybe, you mean "labelnumber"? If I change the labelnumber for Sact from 870 to 2451, the spindle does not start.
    What do I have to do to show the Sact field the current spindle rotation value?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin-hy12-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Without making any changes to the screen, you should be seeing the rpm in the "overridden" field that was added to UCCNC. That's why Dan changed the plugin.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin-rpm-jpg  
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Finding_NEMA View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply ger21,

but there is no entity named "field number". Maybe, you mean "labelnumber"? If I change the labelnumber for Sact from 870 to 2451, the spindle does not start.
    What do I have to do to show the Sact field the current spindle rotation value?
    Hi Nema,

You can set your Sact field to 2451 just as Ger21 posted.

Reason your spindle isn't starting is you must have other plugins loading and VFD missing it's set frequency. If you click the plus button on spindle override or set a frequency the plugin will start working properly and you won't have to do this procedure again next time it loads. Even if you have other plugins loading.

This happens on first setups or when another plugin is newly enabled. You can have as many plugins enabled as you like, but when first enabling it you need to go through this procedure once with the HYplugin. Been really busy and haven't had a chance to debug the cause of this.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    If you click the plus button on spindle override or set a frequency the plugin will start working properly and you won't have to do this procedure again next time it loads. Even if you have other plugins loading.

This happens on first setups or when another plugin is newly enabled. You can have as many plugins enabled as you like, but when first enabling it you need to go through this procedure once with the HYplugin.
    Thank you, understood. Works fine now.

Been really busy and haven't had a chance to debug the cause of this.
    So my hope is...

Thank you again.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, understood. Works fine now.

So my hope is...

Thank you again.
    Hi Nema,

You are the second person to report this. The only reason I knew of a work around is I spent a lot of time with the first trying to get him up and running, it wasn't until he installed a serial monitor I was able to see a frequency wasn't set.
    Once he did the same as I suggested to you the plugin started working fine and he hasn't experienced this again, even after enabling and disabling other plugins. I haven't been able to reproduce this. It's really tough to debug a problem I cannot reproduce and very little details of those who have.

Thanks
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

No problem Dan, I can live with this workaround. Your plugin is wonderful, it helps us UCCNC users a lot!

A more serious problem ist that UCCNC (which I like very much) comes out with new releases every few weeks. So I always have to set it up again (axxis, spindle, general, IO, plugins etc.) while overwriting the config file with a fresh one is recommended by the setup procedure. Then, testing if plugins and stuff still work. If not, fallback to the previous working version via backup. I still will do this for a while, then I will stay with the current working state and leave it how it is. Like most of us, I only use the basic functions (which work great) and am not interested in new xyzblabla stuff. Just my 2 or 3 cent.

Downloads
    Uploads

No problem Dan, I can live with this workaround. Your plugin is wonderful, it helps us UCCNC users a lot!

A more serious problem ist that UCCNC (which I like very much) comes out with new releases every few weeks. So I always have to set it up again (axxis, spindle, general, IO, plugins etc.) while overwriting the config file with a fresh one is recommended by the setup procedure. Then, testing if plugins and stuff still work. If not, fallback to the previous working version via backup. I still will do this for a while, then I will stay with the current working state and leave it how it is. Like most of us, I only use the basic functions (which work great) and am not interested in new xyzblabla stuff. Just my 2 or 3 cent.
    They come out with new releases with every few months only.
    Maybe you talking about their beta/test releases posted on the forum, those are more frequent.
    I did upgrade my machine a few times, never overwritten the profile and it always worked without issues.
    You might misunderstood the setup instructions. it only says that profile overwrite is recommended when skipping a major version of the software, not always.
    The instructions copied for you:

Migrating from version 1.0xxx to 1.1xxx, 1.0xxx to 1.2xxx or 1.1xxx to 1.2xxx

Using an older major-version machine profile with a newer major software version is not recommended, we advice to create a new machine profile with the new major-version release when starting the work with the new software version. Also because there are many differences between the different major-versions of the software we advice to first install the new version into a different folder on the computer keeping the old version alive until the new version will be setup and running.

Downloads
    Uploads

Like most of us, I only use the basic functions (which work great) and am not interested in new xyzblabla stuff. Just my 2 or 3 cent.
    Then stick with the version on their website. Once you start using a test version, you kinda need to keep updating them until it's a full release.

A little tip. Don't use the default profile, create a new one. Then when you install a new version, you're settings won't change.

Last edited by ger21; 11-30-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Downloads
    Uploads

I understand your frustration... that's what I also felt initially.

The way I am doing installations now is that every time I want to install a new release I just install it in a new, empty folder, which gives a default installation, but I don't start UCCNC at this moment. After installation I copy the Defaultscreenset.ssf file from the Screens, the Default.pro file and the whole Macro_Default folder contents from the Profiles folder as well as the contents of my own screen bitmap files from the previous installation and paste them into the same folders in the new installation, overwriting the default installation with these. Of course, also the UCCNClicense_XXXXXX.txt file is necessary to copy into the newly installed folder otherwise UCCNC will start in demo mode only.

It takes about a minute to do it, so I am no longer frustrated, however, I agree that an automatic import of settings should be included in the installation options. It should be pretty easy to implement, and add as an option, or if there would be compatibility issues because of major release change, it could just reject the import with a message to the user. Anyway, for now, there is no need to configure every time, just once and the following of what I am doing after that.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Once you start using a test version, you kinda need to keep updating them until it's a full release.
    Not necessarily. If a new test release does not contain anything I am interested in I won't install it. If the next, or a later test release contains something I need or want then I install it. Skipping a test release is not an issue, next installation will of course contain everything since the last installation, but you really don't need to keep on installing every one every time a new is released. Every release is a full release, with a few exception, when only the UCCNC.exe is changed and in that case you just replace the previous one with the new one.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am using the UCCNC 2017 screen set and am trying to get the HY12 plugin to work. Currently, when I press the M3 button on UCCNC, the RPM stops flashing on the VFD but nothing happens.
    -I do not have any other plugins running.
    -I have the COM port and baud rate set according to what is displayed in the device manager
    -I have double verified that all the settings are correct in the VFD
    -The RPM id has been changed from 870 to 2451
    -A macroloop has been set to 1092 (edit - I just noticed that there is an M1092 file. Does this need to be added to the macro folder? I am assuming that I need to change all of the COM settings in that file to the COM port that I am actually using?)
    -PWM is checked in the spindle settings
    -Pulleys is unchecked
    -The plugin has been configured while in the 2017 screenset
    -The HY12.dll file is in the plugin folder

Am I missing any troubleshooting? Thanks for the help!

Last edited by nates02gt; 06-30-2017 at 06:07 PM. Reason: update on problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi nates02gt,

HY12 does not require any macro's. Please try when UCCNC loads....set a frequency/RPM or press the plus sign for spindle override, than press M3 button. If spindle starts and plugin starts working properly please report back.

Also make sure "call startup" and Enabled is checked in UCCNC plugin configure

Thanks,
    Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dan,
    Thanks for the quick reply! I do not see a way to set a frequency or override a frequency with the 2017 screenset. I did set the min speed to 8k as you suggested in an earlier post.

Nate

Hi nates02gt,

HY12 does not require any macro's. Please try when UCCNC loads....set a frequency/RPM or press the plus sign for spindle override, than press M3 button. If spindle starts and plugin starts working properly please report back.

Also make sure "call startup" and Enabled is checked in UCCNC plugin configure

Thanks,
    Dan

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast