Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin - Page 5

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hunayang VFD Macro

Thank you Gerry, I think the editable Sact field is going to do for now. Great Idea!

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bs85 View Post
    Hi Dan,

This version loaded.

Thanks Brian
    I thought it would, I found a glitch that for some reason didn't effect me but obviously can effect others.

Thanks for replying back,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone who downloaded and using this plugin it is strongly recommended that you use this latest version below 1.0008. Its the same version as I posted for bs85 except zip includes set up instructions.

HYPLUGIN8.zip

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone, I have another updated HYPlugin. I do thoroughly test before I post but have to admit I didn't with the updated editable Sact field. I missed one of the error checking methods that uses this field and was causing the frequency to be continually sent to VFD. Not a biggie but wouldn't be running as efficient as it should.

This should be final version unless some1 reports a bug.

HYPLUGIN8.1.zip

Downloads
    Uploads

Default HYPLUGIN Updated To 9.4

Some issues were reported and were fixed, list below.

1. Some with non US windows may have experienced problems.

2. If user mistakenly inputs improper characters in the Min and Max RPM text boxes it could cause it to corrupt the UCCNC Pro file.

Download here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HYPLUGIN94.rar.zip

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HYPLUGIN Updated To 9.4

A necessary step was NOT added to the set up instructions included with the HYPLUNGIN94 zip file.

In UCCNC spindle set up(CONFIGURATION/AXIS SETUP/SPINDLE) you must check "PWM spindle" and than Apply/Save and restart UCCNC.

Dan

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HYPLUGIN Updated To 9.4

Hi Dan,
    Thank you so much for your amazing work getting this plugin working. It is just what I need and I have been with you since it was a mere Macro!.

I am having an issue though with the spindle continuing to run after 'Cycle Stop' or 'Reset' is pressed. I'm using Gerry's 2017 screen and the machine stops and the M3 led goes out on triggering a reset or stop, but the spindle keeps running.

Its a bit scary as the reset has to be overidden before I can stop the spindle which takes time and the cutter remains buried in the workpiece. To switch off the spindle afterwards it needs me to press the M3 button to light the led again and then press to switch it off again (sometimes twice!). It does respond to an M5 on the MDI as well.

I think what should happen is that the spindle should stop and then return to safe z

I've updated uccnc from 1.2032 to 1.2035 and updated the plugin to 9.4 but the problem is still there.

I've just tried it with the standard screenset on the default profile before sending this and I have the same problem but have also found out I can close uccnc completely and the spindle keeps going!

Any light you can shed on this would be much appreciated as it has scared the Bejeezuz out of me a couple of times this week! No one else seems to have mentioned this so I am hoping it is somehow down to me being a big idiot as usual

Iain

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,
    Please ignore the previous post as my problem was indeed caused by me being a big idiot! (as suspected)

I had put the last 2 versions of the plugin in the main uccnc folder and not the plugin folder so was running an older version.

In addition I had not properly saved the Sact button settings after editing. I had applied the change but not saved the screenset on the file tab in the screen editor and instead had applied and saved on the uccnc settings screen.This seems to have caused all my problems and is all there in the instructions.

All is well with world again as the spindle now stops ok (it still doesn't go to safe z but I will leave that for another day!)

Hopefully all this self inflicted nonsense may help someone as daft as me!

Thank you once again for all your hard work Dan (and others)

Iain

Last edited by iain1mm; 03-24-2017 at 03:30 PM. Reason: grammer!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Iain,

I'm glad your back up and running and really appreciate you stopping back and updating your status. I'm sure if you post on the 2017 screenset thread ger21 will help you get your safe Z settings correct.

Thanks again,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: HYPLUGIN95 Update

I originally set out to update for the 2017 screenset due to it uses a slider for spindle override and not the "+" and "-" buttons like in the default screenset. The plugin monitored these buttons and my have caused the response to be sluggish without them. I've rewritten and fixed along with tweaking many other settings and anyone regardless of screenset will see a big improvement with this version.

Download>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HY95.rar.zip

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan, I found a bug. Seems like it's caused by UCCNC though, and not the plugin?

I go to Configure Plugins, and check Call Startup, and Enabled for the HYPLUGIN95.
    Close the plugin window, and close and restart UCCNC.

Go to Configure Plugins, and Uncheck those two boxes.
    Close the plugin window, and close and restart UCCNC.

I get a message that my profile has a syntax error, and it will no longer load.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

This is the second time reading of this, first in cncdrive forum and thought it was fixed. The plugin writes min and max RPM to pro file on closing...I set the HYPLUGIN SetUp window to not allow these fields to be left empty and only allow 0-9 digits. Thought this was the cause and fix.

Here's the code:

public void Shutdown_event()

{
    try
    {

UC.Writekey("Spindlesetupsettings", "Spindleminvelocity", Properties.Settings.Default.minrpm); //Save min rpm to pro file
    UC.Writekey("Spindlesetupsettings", "Spindlemaxvelocity", Properties.Settings.Default.maxrpm); //Save max rpm to pro file

}

catch (Exception) { }
    }
    This was implemented for more of a convenience to user and not needed by plugin. If I'm not able to determine the cause and why at times it's corrupting the pro file I'm just going to remove. I was never able to replicate this problem but I suspect it has something to do with switching pro files or not using the default.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, it's not writing the values.
    I'm not sure if that's the problem, but in my bad profile, I see:

Spindleminvelocity=
    Spindlemaxvelocity=

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    OK, it's not writing the values.
    I'm not sure if that's the problem, but in my bad profile, I see:

Spindleminvelocity=
    Spindlemaxvelocity=
    Exactly what happened with previous problem, these values cannot be empty or profile won't load. Why and when it does this is still a mystery to me. Have to find thread in cncdrive and see what Balázs said.

Downloads
    Uploads

It happens when I disable the plugin.
    If I enable it, and leave it enabled, the problem does not occur.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Downloads
    Uploads

That definitely help's in taking a step further in debugging. The plugin writes to pro file in the shutdown event, possibly when disabled and shutting down it's not giving access to the plugins Settings Class and would explain way it's empty. What I don't understand is way I can't trigger this and tried many times with the method that caused it for you. It's tough debugging without knowing what UCCNC is doing, gonna have to make a thread on cncdrive and hopefully get to the bottom of this issue. Like I posted previously, I can just remove these 2 lines and user will have to set there min and max in spindle set up, but it's gonna drive me nuts until i know whats causing this...lol

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    It happens when I disable the plugin.
    If I enable it, and leave it enabled, the problem does not occur.
    Had some time tonight since I had to wait for my daughter to fall asleep so I could be the Easter Bunny. I would really appreciate it if you could test this and see if it fixed the problem, I can't seem to reproduce this so I have no way to test.
    I added if string null/empty don't send.

TestHY6.rar.zip

Downloads
    Uploads

Seems to be OK now. I enabled and disabled it twice, and it opens just fine now.
    The values written in the profile for the min and max match what's on the spindle setup page.

The plugin writes min and max RPM to pro file on closing...I set the HYPLUGIN SetUp window to not allow these fields to be left empty and only allow 0-9 digits.
    I missed this yesterday, and neglected to tell you that I never entered any values in the plugin Config window, since I don't have my RS485 converter yet.

But it looks like you've fixed it.
    Hopefully my converter shows up early so I can test it out.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Downloads
    Uploads

I was so focused on what code did when the calculate button was pressed I overlooked that if button was never pressed but plugin enable it can obviously cause this. I think I got it covered on all ends now, if all else fails and field is empty it won't write to pro file.

Thanks for your help,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, so Amazon came through with my RS485 converter, $7, delivered on Easter Sunday.
    It took me a little bit to get it running, but it's pretty slick.
    Couple little things.

I think the reason that it didn't initially work, was that I didn't click the Calculate button. I was glancing through the instructions, and didn't know it was required.
    Perhaps change the two buttons to:
    Save Port Settings (Save)
    Save Motor Settings (Calculate)
    This would make more sense to those that don't read manuals (Most people).

If it were me, I'd remove the second com and baud rate text boxes, and just save what's in the combo boxes? Or is there an issue with that? I found that slightly confusing?

Minor issues:
    I have my min at 8000 and max at 24,000.
    If I do an S12000, and an override of 50%, your Sact field shows 6000, and it should show 8000, as that's what the VFD is at. And strangely, the VFD goes to 7980, and not 8000, when it's commanded to a speed lower than 8000?

And not your problem, but FYI, if you have an analog voltage wire connected to the VI terminal, with 0V on it (I think, I didn't check), the analog VI was restricting the voltage to 11880rpm. If I types in S20000 in MDI, it would go to 11880. Very strange?? Enable PWM was not checked. As soon as I removed the VI wire, all was well.

Bottom line, you've done a fine job, and a great service to the UCCNC community. Well done.

I'm going to do a new video showing the control with your plugin.
    I also have a link to it on my website. I'll also add a link to the converter I bought, and the driver I found for Windows 10 x64.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast