Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin - Page 4

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Huanyang VFD Macro/ Plugin

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hunayang VFD Macro

Quote Originally Posted by Kelevra83 View Post
    Yeah that makes sense.
    Would have been great to use a potentiometer with an arduino or an encoder connected directly to the controller to adjust the overrides of the spindle and the feed on the fly but if its just the vfd not catching up fast enough its a whole different story.

Thanks a ton for all your effort dan, i really appreciate it.

Patrick
    Unfortunately you are using the UC400 and that does not have any analogue inputs. If you had a UC300ETH you could easily connect a potentiometer since that has two analogue inputs as well as two analogue outputs. So, if you want to save time and effort you should get a UC300ETH.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Unfortunately you are using the UC400 and that does not have any analogue inputs. If you had a UC300ETH you could easily connect a potentiometer since that has two analogue inputs as well as two analogue outputs. So, if you want to save time and effort you should get a UC300ETH.
    I already dropped the idea when i saw that the new version of UCCNC has aux encoder inputs for the ethernet controllers that to you can map to override the feeds and speeds.
    Thats going to be way easier than get the arduino thing working.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all,

To anyone who downloaded and using this plugin this new final version is a must have. It addresses any bugs that came up from previous version and fixed a serious issue with using excessive CPU usage. The slight delay using spindle override was also fixed. It is by far the most stable version released thus far. If any questions don't hesitate to post.

Dan

HYPLUGIN 1.0007.zip

Another important change that's in the instructions but should be mentioned for those who already using plugin is the plugin now writes to 20050 for Sact (actual spindle speed) field. This is an important step because plugin checks this and if not set correctly it will continually write frequency to it and may make spindle override a little slower to its response.

Last edited by Dan911; 02-14-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dan,
    Not sure if it's possible, but it might be a good idea to let the user define the field number for the Sact. Otherwise, at some point, you may see conflicts with screensets or other plugins. I use 50 different fields in my 2017 screen, but I start at 20300, so there's no issue there. But I've already changed some numbers in my screen due to a confilct with another plugin.
    Just a thought.

Now, the question is, are all Huanyang VFD's on Ebay the same, and will they all work with the plugin. I guess it would be worth spending the extra $30 to get one that claims to be the real deal?

UPDATED 2.2KW VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE INVERTER VFD 220V 3HP 10A HIGH QUALITY | eBay

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Dan,
    Not sure if it's possible, but it might be a good idea to let the user define the field number for the Sact. Otherwise, at some point, you may see conflicts with screensets or other plugins. I use 50 different fields in my 2017 screen, but I start at 20300, so there's no issue there. But I've already changed some numbers in my screen due to a confilct with another plugin.
    Just a thought.

Now, the question is, are all Huanyang VFD's on Ebay the same, and will they all work with the plugin. I guess it would be worth spending the extra $30 to get one that claims to be the real deal?

UPDATED 2.2KW VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE INVERTER VFD 220V 3HP 10A HIGH QUALITY | eBay
    Hi Gerry,

Yes this will be very simple to do, when VMAX549 emailed me and pointed out UCCNC recommends USER number 20000 - 20999 and I intended to do that but forgot, I will add this sometime today and update with a newer version.

If this plugin will work with these cheap Huanyang copies I really don't know, if not I would assume it communicates Modbus Standard. I do believe I can use this plugin to communicate with any VFD by implementing there function strings, and if ever became a demand I could make these strings editable just like I'm going to do with the Sact field for UCCNC.

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll order one in a few weeks, and see if I can find some time to do some testing.
    And see if the $125 spindles I bought are any good.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Teh thing I have seen with HY type VFDs is they could be anything pretending to be a HY. On the zone is an example now of a counterfit HY vfd that has different internals(non HY) but was sold as a HY (;-) In that example it did not even have a Comport to talk to (;-)

as to teh User number range THAT is going to be an on going problem. No Matter what number you pick someone will possibly pick teh same number after all there are only 1000 possible numbers .

I can garrantee that I have already walked over everyones number ranges with teh experiementing I have done with Macros.MacroWizards,Plugins,MacroLoops.

I have even walked all over some of my OWN numbers may times forgetting what I had already used.

I have come up with several ways around it BUT without some standards being developed and used that to is worthless (;-)

One thing you may want to check on is CAN teh HY ouput teh actual RPM values in any form ??. Pulses. freq,values ,analog ???

(;-) TP

Last edited by vmax549; 02-15-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan,

Replaced ver 1.0006 with 1.0007 dll file and the plugin no longer shows on the UCCNC plugin screen. put 1.0006 back and it shows up on the plugin screen.

Using UCCNC ver 1.2032

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi TP, I modified the plugin so the user can edit the Labelnumber to there choosing and could change it if later versions conflict with it. I just logged on to upload it but first I'm going to download UCCNC ver 1.2032 and see what bs85 problem is first.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bs85 View Post
    Hi Dan,

Replaced ver 1.0006 with 1.0007 dll file and the plugin no longer shows on the UCCNC plugin screen. put 1.0006 back and it shows up on the plugin screen.

Using UCCNC ver 1.2032

Thanks
    Hey bs85,

This is the second time I heard of it not showing up in the plugin list and a little confused why, no trouble on my end. Try the version below, you will have to input your labelnumber for your Sact field in the configuration set up. Please let me know if this works for you, ver 1.0006 uses a lot of unnecessary CPU usage.

HYPLUGIN8.zip

Last edited by Dan911; 02-15-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Version 1.2033 was just released.
    http://www.cncdrive.com/UCCNC/setup_1.2033.exe

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post

One thing you may want to check on is CAN teh HY ouput teh actual RPM values in any form ??. Pulses. freq,values ,analog ???

(;-) TP
    Using a RS485 connection to receive RPM from the HY VFD is to send a function read RPM command and it returns the current running frequency. I monitored the 2 Mach3 plugins and Spindle Talker and all use this only method. I seen it as a waste of resources to have the VFD and plugin continually reading and writing to receive the same Frequency that it was set to. The only gain was to see the frequency(RPM) accelerate to its set speed and decelerate when shutting down. That's why I aborted implementing RPM. If the spindle was ever under load and actually slowed RPM the HY VFD will never show this because it still going to be sending set frequency.

What was needed is to see your RPM when using spindle override, because the Sset field wouldn't change. That's what the Sact field shows.

Sorry for making an essay out of a sentence...lol

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Dan , What I was relating to is IF there was a way to feed pulses from teh VFD into teh index signal input of UCCNC then you would have a direct readout of the atcual rpm and NOT have to use a special DRO to display it. That way you would NOT have to monkey with a screenset (;-)

It could also be used to create a Cruise control so that IF teh RPM dropped below a certain % of Set RPM then UCcnc could lower the feedrate to allow the spindle to catchup or at least to maintain. Once teh RPM catches up then go back to 100% FRO.

I had done this long ago with Mach3 and it worked very well for a router.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    Hi Dan , What I was relating to is IF there was a way to feed pulses from teh VFD into teh index signal input of UCCNC then you would have a direct readout of the atcual rpm and NOT have to use a special DRO to display it. That way you would NOT have to monkey with a screenset (;-)

It could also be used to create a Cruise control so that IF teh RPM dropped below a certain % of Set RPM then UCcnc could lower the feedrate to allow the spindle to catchup or at least to maintain. Once teh RPM catches up then go back to 100% FRO.

I had done this long ago with Mach3 and it worked very well for a router.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
    I was halfway through writing another essay when the light bulb came over my head and understood what you were asking/suggesting . I know all of HY read function commands and don't think this is possible, but Its late with a few glasses of wine and definitely worth taking a deeper look with a clearer head.

Thanks,
    Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    I was halfway through writing another essay when the light bulb came over my head and understood what you were asking/suggesting . I know all of HY read function commands and don't think this is possible, but Its late with a few glasses of wine and definitely worth taking a deeper look with a clearer head.

Thanks,
    Dan
    To detect the actual RPM you must have a feedback from the spindle, not the VFD. The spindle can spin slower even if the VFD outputs the right frequency. VFD never shows the real RPM, only the calculated RPM based on the output frequency, so what vmax says is not possible unless you have feedback from the spindle.

Current measurement is possible, SVC drivers measure the spindle current, and an increased current indicates dropped RPM in which case the VFD can compensate for that drop and increase the RPM back to the set one. My VFD is SVC type but have had no time experimenting with it, just that I know it is pretty good at keeping a constant speed with variable load. I have not checked if the RPM reported by the VFD is the real RPM or just a simple calculated RPM based on the frequency, but since it measures the current it should be fairly easy for the VFD to give a pretty real picture of the RPM. I think SVC is the way to go, not manipulation of feed rate in UCCNC. SVC drivers are pretty cheap today and they are really very good.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok...I think this went a little off topic although some very good info.

I created a user input field in the HYPLUGIN8 set up to use what ever labelnumber they choose for the plugin to write to for Sact field. Of course they will have to change the labelnumber(870) for Sact field to match whatever they input in this field. Hopefully this will help avoid conflicts with users other macro's, screensets and future UCCNC versions.

My question is is there a way to manipulate UCCNC to output the RPM with using its existing labelnumber(870) with just using the RS485 connection. This is what I interpreted what TP was suggesting.

Downloads
    Uploads

It does not need to an output from teh RS485 side it could be a digital AUX output that could be feed to UCCNC. I did notice there was a Freq output possible on one of the aux outputs ?? Would that be for actual rpm or something else ??

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry TP its just not clicking in for me, when I say using RS485 what I mean is writing to VFD and using information it provides to feed UCCNC.

If you can answer this one question for me it may help make things clearer to me. I can not write to the Sact field (870) because UCCNC will continually write over it.

Where and what data is UCCNC using to write in the Sact field(870) ?

Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

I think it uses the index signal?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Hey bs85,

This is the second time I heard of it not showing up in the plugin list and a little confused why, no trouble on my end. Try the version below, you will have to input your labelnumber for your Sact field in the configuration set up. Please let me know if this works for you, ver 1.0006 uses a lot of unnecessary CPU usage.

HYPLUGIN8.zip
    Hi Dan,

This version loaded.

Thanks Brian

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast