Uccnc - plugin creation - pendant

Thread: Uccnc - plugin creation - pendant

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Uccnc - plugin creation - pendant

Shooting the breeze question (I'm on holiday for a week, no pc, no CNC)

Having never done a plugin before for mach3 or uccnc... how difficult would it be?

I've got a bit of code experience, not day job, bit VB, c, c++, arduino etc.

I found a nice robust pendant which is mach3 compatible, and the creator has kindly provided the sourcecode.

Given I've got a Xbox wired controller, and both contour xpress and contour pro shuttles, I'm kind of looking for a bit of future proofing now and robustness should mach4 come back into flavour as I've got a licence for that, plus my present interest, uccnc, with a uc400eth + licence, I'm covering my bases...

The vistacnc pendants are nice, but pricey for me, and hb04 seems cheapish plastic

With a plasma I like everything hard wired, which means usb or other device.

So... has anyone attempted a uccnc plugin?

How hard / difficult would a mpg plugin be?

The pendant I was looking at was one of these (in an aluminium case)

http://cncpendant.ru/ru/shuttlerustm32.html

Anyone done a muppets guide .... ?

Rob

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Uccnc - plugin creation - pendant

I have a Visacnc pendant, good quality and well designed... works. Pricey... not really. Their customer service is very good and they stand behind their products. I would be hesitant to deal with a Russian business that doesn't list a price or contact info on their website. We've all been bitten by the lure of cheap cnc equipment only to learn the hard way you get what you pay for.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CT63 View Post
    I have a Visacnc pendant, good quality and well designed... works. Pricey... not really. Their customer service is very good and they stand behind their products. I would be hesitant to deal with a Russian business that doesn't list a price or contact info on their website. We've all been bitten by the lure of cheap cnc equipment only to learn the hard way you get what you pay for.
    Depends where in the world you are as to price considerations. Hb04 is running about £50... vistacnc p4s about £250 once it arrives... could be higher (shipping, taxes, falling pound, customs clearance fee... don't get me started!!). Both have plastic cases, the Russian one with all aluminium case buttons and mpg knobs about £200.

I may have a play with a shuttlepro plugin as I've got the mach3 sourcecode for that ... if I give up I can always fall back to a hb04 or vistacnc.

It's more a case of anyone done any plugins for uccnc and mpgs?

Most plugins seem to by done by CNC motion.... and not the uccnc community.... looking for a muppets (dummies) guide

Downloads
    Uploads

I asked Contour for the SDK for the shuttlepro and Shuttle Xpress and explained what it was for and they have just kindly provided it. hence I'll have a play with that and try to learn something

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

I have one of those Russian pendants and really like it.

Mine is the original model. ShuttleRU

The plugin for it looks very much like it is a modified version of the Shuttle Pro one

It operates very much like a Shuttle Pro in a much better case.

Downloads
    Uploads

So... has anyone attempted a uccnc plugin?

How hard / difficult would a mpg plugin be?

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/uccnc-...eers-test.html

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robertspark View Post
    I asked Contour for the SDK for the shuttlepro and Shuttle Xpress and explained what it was for and they have just kindly provided it. hence I'll have a play with that and try to learn something

Rob
    Good luck! We got a Tormach PCNC 1100 with the Tormach branded Shuttle Xpress at work and I'm really digging it. The LHB04 pendant I had with Mach3 isn't supported and the manufacturer doesn't want to provide any of the source or such to modify for UCCNC. I really hope you get it working!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by n1tr0 View Post
    Good luck! We got a Tormach PCNC 1100 with the Tormach branded Shuttle Xpress at work and I'm really digging it. The LHB04 pendant I had with Mach3 isn't supported and the manufacturer doesn't want to provide any of the source or such to modify for UCCNC. I really hope you get it working!
    I think you're wrong on this one.
    There is a plugin for the UCCNC for the mentioned pendant.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    I think you're wrong on this one.
    There is a plugin for the UCCNC for the mentioned pendant.
    That's great! Thanks for pointing that out. I might still switch over to the shuttle express plugin if/when Robert get's his plugin going. I really like the twist ring for mpg axis movement and the dial for step on the shuttle pendants.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've got the shuttle express working to a large degree (the Pro is just more buttons.... same principle).

Must admit having a little problem with not the incremental jog, but the continuous jog.... (the outer wheel).... basically its my use of the uc.callbutton() function that I think is the problem at the moment.

I'm hoping to have a go at resolving it over the weekend, and then I'll just expand it for the pro (more buttons, same principle).

i'd happily post the code, but its not finished so don't want to issue something with a problem. Basically you can programme the 5 buttons no problem, and a button press translates to the same as a button press, just that accelerating jog (or feedrate / spindle speed.... you choose with your button press it's function)) that have a problem

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robertspark View Post
    I've got the shuttle express working to a large degree (the Pro is just more buttons.... same principle)....
    Rob
    Hi Rob,
    Just curious if you've got the shuttle express sorted out?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very interested in this as well as just about to switch over to UCCNC and have the ShuttleLCD and would really love to be able to use it as it's a very nice pendant.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rob,

Moving from Mach to UCCNC and currently use a Shuttle-Pro, very interested on your plug-in progress.

Gordon.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the whb04b-6 and need the plugin for uccnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeon View Post
    I have the whb04b-6 and need the plugin for uccnc
    same here, would love to get this working on uccnc