PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC

Thanks to everyone in the forum.
    I also have a problem with milling PCBs.

Okay, I think I've read the whole post.
    I follow my actions following your posts
    1) I have installed the new version of UCCnc v1.2037 software and its license.
    2) UCCnc -> Configuration -> General Settings -> click Configure plugins -> enable AutoLevelerCA 1.0043
    3) Restart Uccnc
    4) Show AutoLeveller.CA
    5) Open form parameter.

How do I set the parameters?

M331 not load because UCCnc creates an error with a very complex message. Invoked the M331 macro via MDI. it's correct?

you can help me?

thank you all

Last edited by cnesan; 05-13-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi A_Camera

The front of the machine is normally closed, so the copper shavings do not come near me. I can control the depth of the milling so that the tip of the cutter is mainly in the copper-PCB bond layer rather than chewing up lots of resin and glass. Fairly obviously, this is not a router; it's a VMC. I do also have a dust collector which I use sometimes - especially with Corian.

Skimming 0.01 mm is done mainly to remove minor defects like the bumpy sides of drilled holes. I do start with a skim of about 0.2 mm to get the 'flat' surface. I may repeat with a skim of 0.1 - 0.2 mm when I reload the vacuum table onto the mill table anyhow.

I can't use the autoleveller as I use Mach3 and an ESS, so I have to go for a hardware solution. It works.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    Hi A_Camera

The front of the machine is normally closed, so the copper shavings do not come near me. I can control the depth of the milling so that the tip of the cutter is mainly in the copper-PCB bond layer rather than chewing up lots of resin and glass. Fairly obviously, this is not a router; it's a VMC. I do also have a dust collector which I use sometimes - especially with Corian.

Skimming 0.01 mm is done mainly to remove minor defects like the bumpy sides of drilled holes. I do start with a skim of about 0.2 mm to get the 'flat' surface. I may repeat with a skim of 0.1 - 0.2 mm when I reload the vacuum table onto the mill table anyhow.

I can't use the autoleveller as I use Mach3 and an ESS, so I have to go for a hardware solution. It works.

Cheers
    Roger
    You skimming what? The table? And what if the PCB has variations in thickness?
    Or you skimming the PCB? But you know that the copper on a standard PCB is only 35 micros thick. so what if the PCB thickness has a manufacturing tolerance more than 35um? Then you skim down all the copper? And even if not all, but skiming the copper does not sounds a good idea because it highers the traces resistance.

So your method may work to some level, but i would not say it is a reliable and good method.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Olf

The tramming of my machine is fairly good: I have adjusted it.
    I skim the top of the vacuum table block with a large-diameter fly cutter. I do NOT skim the PCB (or the actual mill table!) itself.

PCB blank material does NOT have significant local variations in thickness of the material. There are specs, and I have measured.

Is this method 'reliable and good'?
    I zero the cutter to the top of the PCB blank electrically, then I set the cutter depth and take a test cut. Based on this I tune the cutter depth by 5 or 10 microns.
    I have machined quite a few PCBs this way, and the results are excellent.
    YMMV

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    You skimming what? The table? And what if the PCB has variations in thickness?
    Or you skimming the PCB? But you know that the copper on a standard PCB is only 35 micros thick. so what if the PCB thickness has a manufacturing tolerance more than 35um? Then you skim down all the copper? And even if not all, but skiming the copper does not sounds a good idea because it highers the traces resistance.

So your method may work to some level, but i would not say it is a reliable and good method.
    He is doing what I am doing. Skimming, surfacing the waste board not the PCB. Also, quality PCB have high accuracy regarding thickness, normally have 35 micro meter copper layer with very small variations so milling down to 50 micro meter depth is enough if you have a flat table and the PCB is well fixed. Warping is also not an issue with quality PCB.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi cahit!

Thanks a lot for the AutoLeveler i like and use it a lot!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

New plugin available here, working with uccnc v1.2037

cheers!!

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hallo Guys,
    i think i need help .. i have a problem with the Autoleveler.. with version "37" from the 2nd or 3rd probe i got the error massege "prob pin is active"
    i just installed last build of UCCNC "46" 1st run with the spindle not conected to elecktricity it did work fine .. spindel connected i need to make the earth cable of the prob touching the CNC boudy and it again stoped from the 1st prob..

i know that i need to show my wiring connections .. but i'm asking if some experts here have time to skype and guid me through .... since 2 monthes i'm trying to solve this problemwith no luck..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ramazoti!

I think you have your probe configured faulty. Which CNC do you have? In the folder ../UCCNC/Profiles/YourProfile/ there is a file M31.txt, which has to be adjusted to the probe height and maybe reduce the feed speed a little bit, to not break fine bits. For my Stepcraft i had to adjust these two lines:
    double Feedrate = 150; //Feedrate for probing
    double newZ = 0; //The new Z DRO value after probing

Then you have to look in UCCNC if your probe maybe needs to be inverted. This is done in CONFIGURATION->I/O SETUP->Probe Pin and then maybe you have to check "Active low".

I hope this helps you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by robotrovsky View Post
    Hi Ramazoti!

I think you have your probe configured faulty. Which CNC do you have? In the folder ../UCCNC/Profiles/YourProfile/ there is a file M31.txt, which has to be adjusted to the probe height and maybe reduce the feed speed a little bit, to not break fine bits. For my Stepcraft i had to adjust these two lines:
    double Feedrate = 150; //Feedrate for probing
    double newZ = 0; //The new Z DRO value after probing

Then you have to look in UCCNC if your probe maybe needs to be inverted. This is done in CONFIGURATION->I/O SETUP->Probe Pin and then maybe you have to check "Active low".

I hope this helps you.
    so i build mine and its not ready made.. i use the UC300ETH.. i did this before and it didnt help .. when i uncheck the active low box the probe pin is always on ."without touching any thing .. "

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Ramazoti,

Do you perhaps use a XHC HB04 pendant?

There is a known problem with probing and the plugin for the XHC HB04.

Greetings,
    Emile

Quote Originally Posted by Ramazoti View Post
    Hallo Guys,
    i think i need help .. i have a problem with the Autoleveler.. with version "37" from the 2nd or 3rd probe i got the error massege "prob pin is active"
    i just installed last build of UCCNC "46" 1st run with the spindle not conected to elecktricity it did work fine .. spindel connected i need to make the earth cable of the prob touching the CNC boudy and it again stoped from the 1st prob..

i know that i need to show my wiring connections .. but i'm asking if some experts here have time to skype and guid me through .... since 2 monthes i'm trying to solve this problemwith no luck..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hallo Emile,
    no i'm not using it .. i was thinking to do it .. but after i knew there was a problem with auto leveler i didnt buy it ..
    i did purschase another breakout board . from Gikfun with Optical Coupler for Stepper Motor Driver 5 Axis CNC Breakout Board Mach3 EK1206
    and i'll try it out

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all, I posted this same question on cncdrive forum but no response so far so thinking I'll better my chances by cross posting here as well.

Hello all, having some problems using the autoleveler plugin and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I'm not milling pcb's, I'm trying to use this to engrave abnormal shapes and uneven surfaces. I can get it to work fine if I set it up using Manual Zero but have to zero my probe and the cutter tool every time. I'd like to be able to input the offset of my probe and be done zeroing after the initial setup.

The problem I'm having with Auto Zero is my probe is about +2.6" in the X and +4" in Y. If I set the cutter tool XY to zero and input x-2.6 y-4 in Auto Zero YP & XP the initial movement takes the probe to XY zero, does a dwell then retracts to 1" above material surface. But then the probe is moved to X +2.6 Y +4 (cutter back at zero) and begins probing the points which is generally out of range of the material.

If I set the probe XY to zero and input the same as above then the initial movement is X-2.6" Y-4" and again does an initial dwell but again off the material size but in the negative direction.

I'm either missing something, making it harder than it should be or something. Does anyone have a step by step on how to use the Auto Zero function of the Autoleverler plugin or can point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

That is a 3rd party plugin and is developed by an individual and not by cncdrive. I think you should send a PM to the developer guy via the cncdrive forum to get a response from him.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That is a 3rd party plugin and is developed by an individual and not by cncdrive. I think you should send a PM to the developer guy via the cncdrive forum to get a response from him.
    Yes I know it's a plugin developed by a forum contributor on both cncdrive and cnczone, cahit, who started Autoleveler threads on both forums. It just seems he has been inactive so I'm hopeful there are others that have been able to utilize the feature I'm trying to use that could point me in the right direction. Thanks for your input though I may do just that to increase my odds of finding an answer.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think sending him a PM is your best chance to get an answer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So my breakout board had a faulty pin .. so i moved to use other inputs in UCCNC board ..and i still have the same problem 1st probe and then i got the famous massege "prob pin is active....."..attached a pic for my probe connection .. i saw alot of pics with 1k ohm to 10k ohm connecting the pin 13 to a 10Kohm resestor to 5V pin..do i need to do this??

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC-uc300eth_-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ramazoti View Post
    So my breakout board had a faulty pin .. so i moved to use other inputs in UCCNC board ..and i still have the same problem 1st probe and then i got the famous massege "prob pin is active....."..attached a pic for my probe connection .. i saw alot of pics with 1k ohm to 10k ohm connecting the pin 13 to a 10Kohm resestor to 5V pin..do i need to do this??
    anyone??

Downloads
    Uploads

You get that message, because your probe is still active when the second probing happens.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You get that message, because your probe is still active when the second probing happens.
    And then?? How can i solve this problem??
    Till me what u need to know and lets do it step by step

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast