PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    HIYA A_Camera SHOW me where I said this
    "..you actually say "I don't have the HY VFD here, I have it somewhere else." .

WHY do you keep trying to put words in OTHER peoples mouths ???

I think the main problem here is English is not your first language and there is some loss of meaning in your translation.

I have been working in this field(NC,CNC,motion control) since teh fall of 1969 SO I might at least have a basic understanding of the subject. VFD brands GEES I would bet IF it was every available on this continent then I have probably used it at one point in time.

DO I speak engineer speak ?? NOPE . I use good old American redneck speak .
    Please read that post once again...

You keep saying "I don't have this and that HERE"...

By using the word "here" you actually say not here, but have it somewhere else. Say "I don't have this VFD" that is a clear sentence. I am sure even in redneck country that's how it was taught even in 1969, and even before that.

I am not putting words in anybodies mouth, you are. I am just point out that that your redneck English can cause confusion and you actually confuse people to believe that you have and know things you don't. No, don't blame on my English, blame it on yours. Also don't blame it on redneck speak... that's pretty lame... you are only representing one single individual, not a whole community or state, not even the educational system in that state you live in.

So you are in your seventies, well, so what? I am in my sixties, but who cares? It really doesn't make much difference. Somebody fresh out of school can be more knowledgeable than you and I are together, especially in subjects we don't have any formal education in and very little knowledge about. Age does NOT give knowledge, age is just a number of years added, nothing else. Life experience? Sure, but not automatically everything of that is valuable if applied according to today's standards. Things which were regarded as acceptable safety measures in 1969 are no longer enough, a control panel or user interface made and used in the 60's, 70's may be replicated today, but no longer accepted as a good design because in the 60's HMI design was not something people cared about. Engineers created things and more or less forced people to adjust themselves to those things or interfaces. Now we think differently, now HMI design is a science, we look at how people actually are functioning, as well as many other parameters, like safety. We no longer design out of a perspective of "blame the stupid if they use a machine and make mistakes losing a finger". Now we standardize and look at "what if somebody makes a mistake, how can we prevent him/her getting hurt" instead. Standards are created so that if I buy or build a machine and say I follow this and that safety standard, then the person I am talking to understands the safety level, or can look that up.

Here is an example from a manual of a VFD I don't have but is very good to exemplify safety measures and different safety standards:

PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC-safety-1-jpg

Here is the next one, from the same manual:

PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC-safety-2-jpg

Can you see the major differences?

Here is the third example from the same manual:

PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC-safety-3-jpg

All three are safe to certain levels, but guess which one is providing 100% warranty against accidental, unanticipated rotation causing damage or injury during tool change or other operation where that can cause problems?

Now, if you don't have a cheap Chinese VFD, yet your manuals of ALL the VFD you have or have had in your almost 50 years of NC, CNC and motion control experience warns against having a contactor or switch according to the second example, it would of great interest for the community to know which ones are those and why they warn against common sense safety measures and established standards. You can have the age advantage, I don't care about that, but if you claim I am wrong, please put up some evidence, otherwise your words weight like feather, no matter what kind of English you speak and that my crappy English is not native redneck, like yours.

So, again, which VFDs are you using and have knowledge about? No, you don't have to be my librarian, I can find the manual if you don't want to help the community, but it would sure be helpful if you would list all of them, those you REALLY have, and those which warn against safety.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cahit View Post
    new pcb created with UCCNC v1.2026 and the autoleveler

Cool and really looks nice. The result is excellent, but I have a few questions. Why do you remove so much material? I mean, I would just leave the copper as it is, and would only remove what must be removed. When I etched PCB I removed all the useless and pointless copper layer, but removing through milling takes too much time and reduce the tool life a lot. The other question is what do you spray with and why? Do you find it necessary for getting the quality you get? I don't think it is needed for cooling, I don't use anything for this type of work, but maybe I should. I do however use a dust shoe, which removes the dust. Of course, there is no dust if you spray, but on the other hand, the removed dust gets in the tracks and you mill it over an over again. When I mill fine stuff like this and not bothered using the dust shoe for some reason, I use a brush with long and soft hair, not a tooth brush. It removes the dust pretty well also.

Also, I noticed that you removed the PCB before drilling and not even marked the drill holes. Why? Isn't it difficult (time consuming) to drill those holes manually, especially without even marking where to drill?

Anyway, sadly I can't use the UCCNC for real work yet. Unfortunately, I had to revert to Mach3 because I needed to make some work which needs radius compensation and that is not supported by UCCNC. Hopefully within a few weeks I can recreate and test all the code without compensation and start using it for real job also. That speed monster with the UC300ETH is really amazing and would love to get started with it for real.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice plugin, and enjoy the examples of work provided to demonstrate it, giving me confidence to have a go at milling a pcb or two.

Question... wondering if this could be used with plasma in lieu of torch height control... or laser for maintaining focus / focal position?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everybody,

again an update and improved version v1.0037 of the autoleveler.
    for those who want to test or use it.

please visit also forum.cncdrive.com ? View topic - Autoleveler Plugin.

bye

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everybody,

again an update and improved version v1.0037 of the autoleveler.
    for those who want to test or use it.

please visit also forum.cncdrive.com ? View topic - Autoleveler Plugin.

bye
    Yeahhh :d Very nice

Downloads
    Uploads

hey,

this beta release of Autoleveler has a function, that saves probes in a digitize file.
    once has a digitize file, you can mill over and over again without probing.
    or you can probe once and mill multiple files on same surface without probing over and over.

setting for digitize file:
    Add axis name = checked
    Comma separated CVS = checked
    Clear filename on M41 = checked

is there anyone who is interested in writing a usermanual for autoleveler?
    please send a email to c.ates@hotmail.com

ciao

Cahit

Downloads
    Uploads

Update...v1.0042. some invisible improvements and construction for help window and usermanual...

Cahit

Downloads
    Uploads

Update...v1.0042. some invisible improvements and construction for help window and usermanual...
    Thanks for sharing your continued development!

Downloads
    Uploads

and action...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for sharing. But... isn't it better to start with surfacing the MDF before milling? I normally avoid double sided tape and fix the PCB only on the sides to the surfaced MDF waste board.

Also... it seems like you need a dust shoe. Make it your next project because the dust you breath in and throw around is really very bad for you and your machine. It also improves the milling quality since you remove the dust and not mill it over and over again, which only results in even finer dust and worse surface.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

This looks great, thanks for sharing your work! I'd like to know if (and how) this can be used with Mach3?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

according to the , I copied the...

• AutoLevelerCA.dll to UCCNC\Plugins
    • M331.txt to UCCNC\Profiles\Macro_Default

I did not copy any M90?.txt file, because I did not found them to download here in this topic.

My UCCNC does not start this plugin. It even "forgets" that I enabled the plugin under "CONFIGURATION, GENERAL SETTINGS, Configure plugins", the check marks are gone each time I restart UCCNC. Did I forgot or misunderstood something? I use UCCNC version 1.2029. Please help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Your .pro file or your uccnc folder probably has write protection if it forgets your settings.

Downloads
    Uploads

isn't it better to start with surfacing the MDF before milling?
    Reckon that's worth doing.
    I prefer a vacuum hold-down with a fly-cut top surface (0.01 mm skim every now and then)
    PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC-7809-jpg
    The tape around the PCB is there to improve the vacuum seal.

That said, I am still interested in the autoleveler.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    Your .pro file or your uccnc folder probably has write protection if it forgets your settings.
    No, there is no write protection at this folder/file. But your hint guided me into the right direction. I started UCCNC as Administrator and: voilĂ !

Thank you, OlfCNC!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Finding_NEMA View Post
    No, there is no write protection at this folder/file. But your hint guided me into the right direction. I started UCCNC as Administrator and: voilĂ !

Thank you, OlfCNC!
    Not having Admin rights means write protection (sort of) because it limits the rights of the user.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    isn't it better to start with surfacing the MDF before milling?
    Reckon that's worth doing.
    I prefer a vacuum hold-down with a fly-cut top surface (0.01 mm skim every now and then)
    PCB Autoleveler Plugin for UCCNC-7809-jpg
    The tape around the PCB is there to improve the vacuum seal.

That said, I am still interested in the autoleveler.

Cheers
    Roger
    Yes, surfacing is necessary. No auto leveller can replace the need of a levelled table area. In fact, auto leveller should not be needed if the surface is flat and levelled. Most PCB are very accurate in size, accurate enough to mill the tracks even for SMD. Also in my opinion cleaning the surface from the created dust is very important because it will result in better accuracy. You seem to blow your PCB, which in my opinion is OK if you just want to clean the surface, but not a very good idea because the PCB dust is really very bad for your health. I use a dust shoe which is extremely efficient on PCB and other flat surfaces.

Skimming 0.01mm seems too little. OK, it may clean the surface, but when I skim it I take 0.1mm.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Cahit,

this plugin is awesome and can do much more than just auto leveler. Is there a way to set this plugin to scan the perimeter of a 2d object from the side only?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Cahit,

this plugin is awesome and can do much more than just auto leveler. Is there a way to set this plugin to scan the perimeter of a 2d object from the side only?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

whats great about it is that we can use it to scan a 3d profile of an object by collecting the point cloud shown on the Youtube video above. I was just wondering if there's a way to scan a perimeter of an object with only X and Y axis.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast