New XBox jogging plugin - any volunteers to test?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New XBox jogging plugin - any volunteers to test?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New XBox jogging plugin - any volunteers to test?

I've been working at learning C# and how to write plugins for use with UCCNC, and have a new joypad/XBox360 controller based pendant/jogging plugin working.

The plugin gives you proportional speed control of the x, y, and z axis using the 'sticks' and 'triggers', allows selecting the 'step jog' setting via one of the sticks horizontal movements (with option for vibration feedback on what was selected), step jogs the axes using the DPad and shoulder buttons, and leaves the remaining 6 buttons as user assignable. (the stick 'buttons' were not used).

I'm fairly happy with how it works and behaves for me, but I'd like to see if any of you would like to offer to test the plugin before I put it out for general download?

The plugin is a small DLL file I could email to anyone interested in testing. However, the plugin references the 'SlimDX' package (an alternative to MS Xinput/DirectX), so you would also have to download and install the .Net2.0 SlimDX runtime to use the plugin. (https://slimdx.org/download.php). You'll obviously also need an XBox 360 controller, or a replica version of a joypad controller. ( I've only personally tested with an actual wired XBox360 control. )

If you are interested, please shoot me a message.

Regards,
    Eric Brust / CraftyCNC

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New XBox jogging plugin - any volunteers to test?-craftyxboxplugin-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New XBox jogging plugin - any volunteers to test?

I've made a few more fixes to the plugin, and made a short video to demo some of the functionality.

The video is here:

I'm still hoping to find someone that would like to test the plugin before putting it out as a general download for everyone to test. If you have UCCNC, and a XBox controller, and would like to test the plugin / provide some feedback, please let me know.

Thanks
    Eric Brust / CraftyCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Really nice work!!
    I got a feeling that I need to get a Xbox controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you need testers I think you should post this on the Stepcraft forums, there are lots of UCCNC users there who I'm sure would love to test this. I'm often discussing UCCNC things there...

Downloads
    Uploads

How would this one differ from teh one that comes with UCcnc ??? I have a generic controller that works very well with it. I can test with a generic controller if needed.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    How would this one differ from teh one that comes with UCcnc ??? I have a generic controller that works very well with it. I can test with a generic controller if needed.

(;-) TP
    Hi TP,

The plugin that comes with UCCNC didn't make use of the analog sticks in an analog manner (such as to vary jog velocity), and for me, the right analog stick was unavailable in the stock plugin for any input.

That analog velocity control with the sticks is something I was missing from the Mach3 plugin I had come accustomed to, so I wanted to try and replicate it for UCCNC. On a large router, I like to be able to jog from one end of table to the other at max axis speed, and then slow to a crawl and touch off on the corner of an item without needing to use anything but the controller.

If you have a generic controller that replicates an xbox controller inputs (two analog sticks and a DPad, etc), I would gladly take you up on your offer to try it and see if it functions for you.

regards,
    Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

IF you will post teh Plugin I will give it a try.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi TP,

The current version of the plugin is attached. A few others have have run it successfully with XBox controllers, so with any luck it will run with a generic controller. As a reminder, SlimDX runtime is required to be installed (or at least have a copy of slimdx.dll in the UCCNC directory), or the plugin wont even show up in the 'config plugins' window as available.

Regards,
    Eric Brust / CraftyCNC

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

i was just saying all the things youve mentioned to balazs today!
    my right stick doesnt work at all and no analogue feel to it.
    i use the genuine wireless xbox controller. (works perfect with lees plugin for mach3.

i will install and test on one of my machines (large industrial type routers)
    ive got uccnc installed using a 300 usb board at present- and ive just ordered the new 400 ethernet today.
    i think uccnc is going to be a superb controller in the long run. it has its quirks but ive been running it every day in industrial environment since october.

balazs recommended i try this- probably saves them a lot of work...lol

UCCNC powered uk machine sales
    https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm

Downloads
    Uploads

just watched your video- the only thing that may fail on mine is im using analogue pot input to vary feed and jog speed (a necessity with my current xbox plugin- due to no stick variable speed)
    i get close with rapid movement then turn pot down to 2% to final position where i want to
    is this overidden in your plugin?
    its gone midnight here- may not be able to test for a couple of days

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi batwell

You'll have to try it and see if it overrides the pot input, or if you have to disable it. The plugin can only set the feedrate an push jog 'on' and 'off' essentially at the moment, but that gave the result I was after.

Regards
    Eric

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

i keep getting a non secure error message when I try to download the required added software :-(

Downloads
    Uploads

It would be much better IF you did not have to use teh 3rd party software plugin as well as teh UCcnc plugin to make it all work .

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by battwell View Post
    i keep getting a non secure error message when I try to download the required added software :-(
    Hi Batwell,

Not sure why that would be. I've never gotten warnings, I assume it depends on what antivirus you have running and how it looks at it.

Even though SlimDX is open and free to download, I figured it would be best to have users download it themselves rather than trying to bundle it or send it with the plugin. I'm still trying to figure out if there is a way I can compile the SlimDX dll into the plugin... but I'm not a real programmer

regards,
    Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

It would be much better IF you did not have to use teh 3rd party software plugin as well as teh UCcnc plugin to make it all work .

Just a thought, (;-) TP
    I can't say I disagree TP, but it is what it is right now (a very preliminary plugin). SlimDX is a C#/.Net 2.0 compatible library that emulates XInput. It was the quickest/easiest way for a non-programmer like me to get access to the full Xbox controller functions from UCCNC plugininterface. I'm still trying to figure out if I can merge the slimdx file into the controller plugin. This really isn't any different than how you were required to get the VC++ distributables to run various Mach3 plugins, etc, but I agree it would be nice to package it in one file.

All I know is learning C# for UCCNC has been fun.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Eric!
    Does this controller also work with PS3 controller? I have a step craft machine and UCCNC an I would be interested in testing this plug in.
    Best regards
    Martin

Downloads
    Uploads

OK I tested the generic controller and it did not work. No responce at all. Yes I did load teh needed DLL and placed teh other dll and xml file in the plugins dir.

I double check the controller with teh original UCcnc plugin and it still works fine .

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

OK I tested the generic controller and it did not work. No responce at all. Yes I did load teh needed DLL and placed teh other dll and xml file in the plugins dir.

I double check the controller with teh original UCcnc plugin and it still works fine .

(;-) TP

Well that is a bummer TP. Thanks for giving it a try and your input anyhow.

I'm guessing the UCCNC plugin is far more generic, in that it treats all inputs as button presses.

regards,
    Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Fussi View Post
    Hello Eric!
    Does this controller also work with PS3 controller? I have a step craft machine and UCCNC an I would be interested in testing this plug in.
    Best regards
    Martin
    Hi Fussi,

I'm afraid I couldn't tell you if it will work with PS3 control. The only controller I wrote for and tested against was an Xbox 360 control. I had hopes it would see any controller that resembled an Xbox controller (generic or otherwise), but that may not be the case.

Feel free to give it a test and let me know if it does anything for you.

regards
    Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=eabrust;1853358]Hi Batwell,

Not sure why that would be. I've never gotten warnings, I assume it depends on what antivirus you have running and how it looks at it.

my pc running google chrome wont allow me on the site. i dont use antivirus.
    chrome is showing that the site is sending encrypted code which is being blocked.

i have downloaded just the.dll from elsewhere. still not had time to test yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast