New XBox jogging plugin - any volunteers to test? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New XBox jogging plugin - any volunteers to test?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New XBox jogging plugin - any volunteers to test?

I Eric,
    I just bought an UC400eth controller tomorrow I will install on my Mechmate and I will try your plugin as soon my machine start working.
    I will keep you informed.
    If you need any particullary feedback, please let me know.
    Sergio

Downloads
    Uploads

My first tests:
    The plugin for the xbox controller included in the installation of UCCNC works with my universal joypad, but lack the proportional analogic control.
    The New slimdx plugin did not work with the universal joypad controller, so I have to find an original one ...
    By the way ... I noticed on video (also with the included plugin) that the axis control levers are active without any doble button press security which I found a bit dangerous .. is it possible to set a secon button security to avoid accidental movements of the macine ?
    thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for the feedback. That is another confirmation that the plugin seems to require a 'genuine' xbox control and not a generic joypad.

The feedback about an 'enable' button is good. The plugin already has a checkbox control on the plugin window to enable/disable the input into UCCNC, so the facility for a lockout is there, it just requires a mouse click to enable/disable the controller. It wouldn't be to hard to make it so one of the controller buttons could toggle the enable/disable, or even require a continuously held button to turn on the enable. It just isn't there right now, as that isn't how I use the controller myself

regards,
    Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Eric,
    I am used to have for security a continuously held button to enable the axis movement, in my experience it happened that the joypad felt or was hit accidentally, and the 2nd button security avoided any unwanted movement. As soon I find an original xbox contreller I will try your suggestion.
    Thank you
    Sergio

Last edited by silverdog; 04-21-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with the 2 button approach for motion . It is present on most commercial controllers.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Work in progress ....
    Here a small program that can emulate an original xbox controller commands on any no brand controller
    https://github.com/x360ce/x360ce
    Here some instructions:
    Configure Any Game Controller / Gamepad settings Using x360ce to Play almost All PC games | Forum Of Thoughts - FT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I own a Stepcraft machine and I've managed to install your plugin into my computer. I can press view to access the functions but the controller doesn't seem to do anything. I'm using a genuine xbox 360. The built in plugin works but ony half of the buttons are functional.

Downloads
    Uploads

Lobsterstrike,

Eric may be more likely to see this on the UCCNC forum; he graciously responded to a few questions & requests I had there.

He updated the plugin a few months ago with some very useful features (two-button safety, much improved jogging motion), and also may be able to help you get it working properly - and you can make sure you have the latest version.

First thing to check is to make sure the plugin window is open at all times. It need not be the top window, but if you exit it you'll have to restart UCCNC.

Second thing is to check the plugin window and see if you get a response when you push all the buttons or move the joysticks. You should see a state change in the left column with every control press.

Third thing is to make sure the function you want is assigned to the appropriate button. I had some trouble transposing numbers or assigning the wrong buttons.

Regards,
    Spumco

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12