UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ???

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ???

Downloads
    Uploads

Default UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ???

IS there ANYTHING you guys need that UCcnc does NOT do currently ?? SPEAK UP (;-) IF you do not ask you may never see it available.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ???

First of all I would generalise and say whatever Mach3 could do, if one day UCcnc could do it, this application will be the much improved Mach3 replacement.

I am hearing mainly very good things about UCcnc - excellent stability, it doesn't break tools or chew up jobs, vastly improved CV trajectory control, plenty IO. I've certainly got my eye on UCcnc but it's just missing some goodies at present that I guess I take for granted coming from Mach3.

I'm into plasma and am working on my own home brew system and torch height control. UCcnc doesn't have corner lock at present (Mach3 Anti-Dive), something needed for plasma cutting. I'm going to use Modbus to communicate parameters (nothing where timing or speed is needed), so I was sad to see no PLC/Brains type functionality in UCcnc or Modbus type communication for external devices. My aim is to have all control settings for external devices on screen and passed to external devices. Likewise parameters from external devices will be passed to the cnc controller screen and be displayed there. I know this could be done is a plugin for UCcnc but I have no idea where to start there (any instructional info on how to start writing plugins for UCcnc).

A graphical screen designer like Mach3 has.

Good teaching materials. The biggest hurdle I have always found is finding info on how to implement all available features in software. Time and time again I find out the software can do this and can do that, but that revelation came to light in what I consider all the "difficult" ways. You found out from forum posts or whatever, from asking a hundred questions, from Googling for the info, etc. If you have good quality videos and written manuals that clearly spell out what can be done and how it can be done, that saves users vasts amounts of time in the learning curve. Word of mouth will then lead to a lot more sales. The one thing I hear repeatedly in the Mach vs Linux debates is how easy or difficult it was to get up to speed with learning the program and how to customise it. Lcnc appears to be a lot more stable than Mach3 but the ease of learning seems to have pulled a great deal of people to Mach3. But I even found Mach very limited in GOOD teaching materials. TP above has been huge in my learning of Mach3 (thanks again Terry). Terry has taught me stuff about Mach3 and I've thought that's extremely useful but where the hell did he find that out. I think designers can get so engrossed in making the software and they are so high up with their knowledge that maybe it's hard for them to come down to the level of someone looking at their software the first time, especially if they are new to the cnc game.

Keith

Downloads
    Uploads

Good teaching materials.
    I think that this is more an issue of not enough hours in the day.

To get all the features that everyone is asking for will probably take several hundred, if not thousands of hours. There's a good chance that development will be ongoing for years.
    So, they can either work on the software, or stop, and start writing tutorials for things that 95% of the end users will never use.

It sucks, but that's just the reality.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

There IS a lot of Docs already to use in UCcnc I am working to sort it all out and pu it all in double sorted manuals. There is a manual for

Button Functions
    Screen Functions
    Macro writing Functions
    Screen Images
    Check Boxes
    Field Values(dros)
    LED functions
    Screen writing functions.

There is quite a Bit on C# on the web.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

UCCNC absolutely has to either a) Add support for G18 and G19 or b) Throw up a warning if G18 or G19 are in the code.

B should be implemented ASAP

-Andy B.
    http://www.birkonium.com CNC for Luthiers and Industry http://banduramaker.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Home off would be useful. And at the moment the manual tool change macro adds a dwell time not a feed hold which requires you to manually feed hold during dwell. bit odd. Will look to changing the macro myself but It's something that needs to be fixed as default, for safety's sake more than anything.

Downloads
    Uploads

I see 3 options for Tool Change Ignore,Manual,Auto. I do not see any dwell in Manual mode. What macro are you running for M6 ??

(;-) TP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    I see 3 options for Tool Change Ignore,Manual,Auto. I do not see any dwell in Manual mode. What macro are you running for M6 ??

(;-) TP
    M6, funny you say that, neither do I. So why is it doing it? Does everyone else's feedhold under manual?

Downloads
    Uploads

I do not see any feedhold in manual mode it stops and waits for the cycle start. Do you see the Dwell LED come on ???

(;-) TP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Charge pump config needed, currently signal drops during load file loosing machine position/magnetic hold.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to see a modbus spindle control. There was a comment that somebody has to write a driver, but....

Downloads
    Uploads

I think that there IS a plan for a MODBUS control from UCCNC. Hopefully after they get the new UC400E on line along with the new screensets and editor there will be time for a little expansion of functions for UCCNC.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there really a need for a charge pump signal with UCCNC ? It was invented for use with an LPT port where Windows would tickle the port pins on startup . That is not a problem with anything using an outside controller.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

I will add my vote for Modbus

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    Is there really a need for a charge pump signal with UCCNC ? It was invented for use with an LPT port where Windows would tickle the port pins on startup . That is not a problem with anything using an outside controller.
    Then, I will wait till they make it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been testing the UC300-5LPT with a couple of BOB boards I built for my machine. Here is my list of needs:

1) Support for M00 (I think that will be in the next release)

2 Spindle step pulley/ multi speed motor support -- changes the PWM max and min values based on the pulley ratio number / rpm range

3) Support for G98 (return Z to initial Z level for canned cycles like peck drilling (G83). Discovered this last night G83 leaves the
    Z at the stock surface then attempts to move to the next hole. You scratch the surface and or snap the drill

4) Support for G91.1 to allow incremental mode for I and J in G2 and G3 moveswhile in G90 absolute mode.
    My cam outputs incremental don't know if I can change this but I have lots of part files where I and J are based on incremental mode.

5) Need a button code to do .0001 jog steps with the MPG

6) Fix the axis DRO's so when the MPG is stepping in .001 increments it doesn't change the 1/10000 digit -- this seems to be random

7) A way to set the feed rate for the MPG in continuous mode for manual milling. Either a a check box that enables it to use the current
    feed rate setting or have a separate MPG continuous mode feed rate DRO.

8) Add some low priority SIO (the Up on the UC300 has the capability) -- need to be careful one doesn't overload the USB motion channel.
    Modbus on a separate USB or Ethernet.

I have the UCCNC controller app working fairly well now. The BOB boards I built provide galvanic isolation (opto-isolators) for the wired pendant, home/limit switches and VFD control with a 0-10V PWM converter. The old VistaCnc Imach III pendant is rotary switch based and wires to about 7 IO bits. Since the axis and mode switches are encoded, IO triggers and a Macro is used to activate all the necessary UCCNC button functions. I could not get all the pendant functions running in the macro, Feed Hold doesn't work in the macro. I don't think the macro will run while the part program is running -- exactly the time you need to use Feed Hold. Not a big deal, I just did it a different way. While C# provides a lot of macro programming capability, macros are not very responsive. I attempted to simulated Mach3's macropump feature by attaching an IO trigger to a timed pulse generator causing the macro to run every so many milliseconds. This brought the system to its knees, possibly due to C# using just in time compilation and having to recompile the macro every the macro was triggered. I guess the better solution is to do a plug-in but that will take a little more education.

If some of the above issues are updated the UCCNC controller will be my go to controller replacing Mach3.

Craig
    UCcnc NEW FEATURES ????   THINGS needed, Suggestions ???-img_2273-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

G91.1 is a non standard code specific to Mach3.
    I believe that UCCNC used Incremental IJ mode as the default mode.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gerry,
    I looked in the user manual and couldn't find a definitive answer to weather I and J were relative or absolute. The only thing I found was: "In both formats the axis coordinates mean the endpoint of the arc or helix if the absolute distance mode is selected (G90). And in relative distance mode the endpoint is the current point plus the programmed coordinates." I will have to test this today. If its set to relative in both G90 and G91 modes, that will be one more thing off my list.

Thanks for the info.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

I had to program arcs with parameters a few times and I programmed it in G91 mode too and it worked flawless with the UCCNC.
    G90 and G91 are to program endpoints and not the center as far as I know how the center is programmed is control software related and is not g-code dependent.
    G91.1 is not a standard code I only saw that code in Mach3 so far.
    In uccnc the I and J are always relative programmed for sure.
    G90/G91 should not influance the I and J mode and it does not in the uccnc..

Downloads
    Uploads

I would consider the manual to be vague, or just wrong.

It looks like UCCNC only supports Incremental IJ.

I've never run a machine with UCCNC, but I've simulated code and it worked fine. All my code uses Incremental IJ.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast