UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ??? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ???

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ???

Duh. Never mind. I'm on the machine now and see that really large OVERRIDE LIMITS button.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bullwinkle223 View Post
    Duh. Never mind. I'm on the machine now and see that really large OVERRIDE LIMITS button.
    We all have those moments (me more than most...)

All documentation is within the C:\uccnc\documentation folder, the only one missing is the manual for uccnc which you download off the website and I normally plonk in there with all the rest.

The macro_capability_detailed.htm is kind of the first starting point to understand the buttons, fields, LEDs, and check boxes.

There is one on screensets too.

Along with uccam and the next version has a comprehensive modbus manual too.

All nicely in one place not like m3 where it was spread across the forum or website (only the manual you need to download at the same time as the latest uccnc.... would be better if that was added to the install package too)

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

I think it would be nice to have an "Startup macros" configuration button in the General Setting page.
    So I could select MPG multi at startup for example.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JackBerkhout View Post
    I think it would be nice to have an "Startup macros" configuration button in the General Setting page.
    So I could select MPG multi at startup for example.
    Add this line to your M99998.txt macro:

exec.Callbutton(228);

The M99998 macro (Constructor macro) runs when UCCNC starts.

Button 228 is the MPG Multi button.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

the only real annoyance is when you move the mouse pointer over the work and try to zoom in on the area the pointer is on, and it dont go there, haha

i would like to see a better setup ... software wise that would allow for an easier setup for a manual tool change . and an off work single probe.. sometimes its impossible to put the probe plate on the work

or say, a single button setup, like change the P2 button with a new pic as a hover over and a drop down selection appears to a few user defined items, example " tool change in corner" or " tool change above work" too bad there wasnt a creator button where you could just click and add whatever function you wanted in whatever order then create and save, of course edit it to your table specs and stepping .. example Create button 01-20 for drop down select from list .( every function available to pick from is in a list . just select and add a function, or multi functions in the order you choose with user parameters) or select from a list of user made ones to add to your drop down fav lists.
    the most used thing for me is a manual tool change , so a m6 is called, then the tool moves from the work to a predefined, gets changed, then drops to a probe at a given area, and back to the work, ( this m201 i had to scab and stitch code from many webpages to get to work for me, but with the latest release it developed issues and no longer works for me.... posted below

is there a way to mod this to tool change from a single plate probe on the table ( off and away from the work)

************************************************** ******************************************

// Go to Park position 2 macro (tool change)

double parkZ = 0;
    double parkX = 1.7;
    double parkY = -23;

if(!exec.GetLED(56)||!exec.GetLED(57)||!exec.GetLE D(58)) // If machine was not homed then it is unsafe to move in machine coordinates, stop here...
    {
    MessageBox.Show("The machine was not yet homed, home the machine before run to parking position!");
    exec.Stop();
    return;
    }

int originalmodalmode = exec.actualmodal; // remember the modal mode

while(exec.IsMoving()){}

exec.Code("G00 G53 Z"+ parkZ); // Move Z up first to park2 Z position
    while(exec.IsMoving()){}

exec.Code("G00 G53 X" + parkX +" Y" + parkY); // Move to XY park2 position
    while(exec.IsMoving()){}

exec.Code("G" + originalmodalmode); // Set system back to the original distance mode

{
    MessageBox.Show("Manually Change Tool NOW, Then Press Return To Continue");
    }

//Simple Probe for Zero
    //This routine probes in negative Z at the current XY location
    //Z offsets for G54 to G59 are then re-written to the new Z0

double ZRetractHeight = 3; //Height above Z0 to which probe will retract
    double CoarseRate = 50; //Feedrate for initial probing
    double FineRate = 1; //Feedrate for fine probing
    double Zmin = -6; //maximum probing distance

double PlateThickness = .244; //thickness of the probing plate
    double MaterialOffset = 0; //compensation for part thickness

double CombinedOffset = PlateThickness - MaterialOffset; //really for use later when PlateThickness and MaterialOffset are DROs

if(!exec.GetLED(56)||!exec.GetLED(57)||!exec.GetLE D(58)) // If machine was not homed then it is not smart to do this, stop here...
    {
    MessageBox.Show("The machine was not yet homed, home the machine before setting Z-zero");
    exec.Stop();
    return;
    }

exec.Code("G91 G31 Z" + Zmin + "F" + CoarseRate); // Probe Z quickly to get rough height
    while(exec.IsMoving()){}
    exec.Wait(200);

exec.Code ("G00 Z" + .050); // Retract .05" above the plate
    while(exec.IsMoving()){}
    exec.Wait(100);

exec.Code("G31 Z" + Zmin + "F" + FineRate); // Probe Z slowly for better resolution
    while(exec.IsMoving()){}
    exec.Wait(200);

exec.mainform.sumoffsetcontrol1.G54.newCzinput(Com binedOffset); // Set G54 to new Zzero
    exec.mainform.sumoffsetcontrol1.G55.newCzinput(Com binedOffset); // Set G55 to new Zzero
    exec.mainform.sumoffsetcontrol1.G56.newCzinput(Com binedOffset); // Set G56 to new Zzero
    exec.mainform.sumoffsetcontrol1.G57.newCzinput(Com binedOffset); // Set G57 to new Zzero
    exec.mainform.sumoffsetcontrol1.G58.newCzinput(Com binedOffset); // Set G58 to new Zzero
    exec.mainform.sumoffsetcontrol1.G59.newCzinput(Com binedOffset); // Set G59 to new Zzero

exec.Code ("G00 Z" + ZRetractHeight); //Retract Z axis
    while(exec.IsMoving()){}
    exec.Wait(200);
    exec.Code ("G90");

Downloads
    Uploads

When I want to config X-axis or E-stop, I can not entering number into pin no or port no, but I have to push arrow sign. Is that the way to fill out pin no or port no, maybe this one is one suggestion for future uccnc. Or I have to do something before config ...

Downloads
    Uploads

When I want to config X-axis or E-stop, I can not entering number into pin no or port no
    Are you hitting the Enter key after entering your numbers? If that doesn't work, then you are using a pin that will not work for that function. You can't assign an input pin for an output, or an output pin for an input.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you hitting the Enter key after entering your numbers?
    I did not hit Enter key after entering numbers. I just moved from pin no to port no. I will try tomorrow to hit Enter key after entering numbers. Thanks for the info.

Downloads
    Uploads

UCCNC does have a drop down list you can use on the screensets now and it can do exactly what you want it to do. What issues are you having with your macro ??? Are you using the Stable release version OR the dev version ??? The stable release should work fine. The Dev version has a few kinks in the upgrading from Net2.0 to Net4.0 that are being worked out.

(:-)TP

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234