UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ??? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UCcnc NEW FEATURES ???? THINGS needed, Suggestions ???

In hsm/fusion think it was simply a case of unchecking radius in pp window with generic mach3 pp

Downloads
    Uploads

3d digitizer probe routine would be useful. Also a simple x y z axis screen ssf file for beginners like me so that the screen is not so cluttered up. Function description when mouse moved over button would also be nice again for beginners like me.

Cheers

Andrew

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just received an email from Balazs after inquiring about any software upgrades.. they are going to release a new version of the software that comes with a GUI screen editor. They are also going to be releasing a UC400ETH, ethernet based motion controller. They are done assembly and testing.. just debugging and it will be ready for release probably in February.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by the great waldo View Post
    3d digitizer probe routine would be useful. Also a simple x y z axis screen ssf file for beginners like me so that the screen is not so cluttered up. Function description when mouse moved over button would also be nice again for beginners like me.

Cheers

Andrew
    Just had to tag onto this quote as I to am a new user and talk about confusing. For an experienced user, UCCNC appears to work very well and has a nice looking interface. As a new user though, it is confusing, no tool tips, documentation that is not geared to a new user, no tutorials for an inexperienced operator, etc. etc. It took me ten hours to get my machine moving. With a brand new install of uccnc I could jog around easily, once I tried to have it use a dxf or nc file it did not work. I did not want to import a mach3 profile but finally succumbed (I got it from gecko website) and to my justification, that was a bad idea. The profile seems to have been created for a plasma cutter and sent my small desktop router cnc flying. I now know more about units, velocity, and acceleration than I ever dreamed. It is moving now and pretty well, though I still have a ways to go as I need to start figuring out the gcode side as there is no machine profile that uses a gecko and a uccnc with a uc100. I did try one suggested machine profile but it adds in a g91 g28 A0 line to my post that the uccnc does not like. Ill get there eventually, but as I said its definitely not geared to a new user.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tooltips. Are you kidding me? That would annoy me to hell for sure.

G91 is incremental distance mode, there is nothing the UCCNC does not like about that. But I advice you remain in G90 mode if you are new to CNC-ing. G91 can lead to lots of confusion if you are not familiar with it.
    G28 is return home which is again nothing the UCCNC does not like about. It just returns to the reference point which might cause a problem if you did not home the machine previously.

I setup my machines with UCCNC in like no minutes eventhough I'm not a computer genius. I spent far more time setting up Mach3 before.
    For me the manual was very clear on the important things.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

First, tool tips are generally designed to be turned on and off in the preferences page.

Second, I use the words "doesn't like it" because it takes 10-15 minutes to run through that line of code and im not sure where its going or why. It moves the z-axis to like 65 very very slowly and then back to zero, then moves the x and y axis. Unfortunately I am not at the house as maybe it is something else in the bobcad generated code but while viewing ucnnc that is the line it holds up on.

Also, since you set up mach3 prior im sure that gave you an advantage of understanding the meaning of many of the functions that uccnc provides. I did not have that luxury.

Lastly, I said ten hours, but I did have lunch and smoked quit a bit as I pulled out what little hair I have on top of my head as I tried to grasp the termonlogy So 10 might be a bit of an overreach.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you can learn how to control a CNC machine in 10 hours or even less as you described that is not too bad.
    For some it takes months to learn that. Some go to school to get that knowledge.

Downloads
    Uploads

In General DIY CNC has a VERY VERY VERY steep learning curve and there is no easy way out of it. You have to learn about 4-5 different process Cad,Cam,Gcode, Electric design, and the controller software all at teh same time. UCCNC has a decent set of manuals all things considering an d they are at a level that most can grasp.

I suggest you print out teh manuals and have them at the controller as a reference. It is no one else's responsiblility to teach you CNC it it totally up to YOU to learn by whatever means works for you. Everyone can have a different approach as to what THEY require. Noone can cover all those bases for you.

(;-) TP

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ive read about these "other" manuals but where are they? A week or so ago I tried to follow a link someone posted but it led to a dead end.

Downloads
    Uploads

They were loaded to your PC when you installed UCCNC. Look in your UCCNC directory and see IF you can figure out where they are.

(;-) TP

Downloads
    Uploads

I think the very first step for anyone who wants to learn how to operate CNCs should be to understand G-code. To understand the codes the controller works with and the syntax.
    As soon as the user is familiar with the code-set they can learn how to operate any software which talks that language and if a different software speaks different language this knowledge can be easily ported,
    because there is mostly not much difference, the base logic is the same.
    I often saw this wirh friends and collegues and probably many other people are like this that they just don't want to learn the g-codes and starting with jumping into using complicated CAM softwares and then they struggling lots more than they should if first learning the language.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Suggestion:

Undo accidental zero all button :s Pretty please

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like an often handy feature. I give +1 vote for this

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    Sounds like an often handy feature. I give +1 vote for this
    Just pleased im not the only one, Actually considered installing screen recording software as an alternative.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jon.N.CNC View Post
    Just pleased im not the only one, Actually considered installing screen recording software as an alternative.
    I used the UCCNC screen designer and deleted "Zero All" button after accidentally clicking it more than once. Its a good idea but the button is too close to the individual axis zero buttons.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by geh7552 View Post
    I used the UCCNC screen designer and deleted "Zero All" button after accidentally clicking it more than once. Its a good idea but the button is too close to the individual axis zero buttons.
    Agreed. I think I'm going to do the same. Thanks for tip

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The park buttons are similar, I had to disable the macros assigned to those to keep from accidentally crashing things.

Craig

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Suggestion: Needs a way to reset the feed rate and spindle overrides back to default 100%. Possibly could be done by making the percentage display box clickable to avoid additional buttons.

Or is there already a way to do this?

Downloads
    Uploads

You can click the DRO and type in 100.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    You can click the DRO and type in 100.
    Yes sorry should have explained better, You can do during cycle stop, not when in cycle. Tbh its most likely my impatience that feels its needs a reset during cycle. Should really get out of the habit of using dwell time to alter rates.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast