UCCNC owners and support thread - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: UCCNC owners and support thread

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UCCNC owners and support thread

Quote Originally Posted by vmax549 View Post
    Well maybe not (;-) The second port functions I/O of the UC400 is identical to the 1st port I/O functions . BUT a lot of the BOBS use the lpt2 port senario for port #2 where it is mostly inputs NOT outputs. THAT will make The #2 port not compatible in pin functions and there is no way in UCcnc to change the pin functions of the #2 port to MATCH the bob.

So the real question is IS teh BOB's pin function compatible with a LPT1 format ? or can its functions be changed to match a LPT1 format.

Clear as mud ? (;-) TP
    I think I understand what you're saying. For example, the PMDX-126 by default doesn't have access to using data pins 2-8 on the second parallel port (you need a PMDX-108 board to do this). This isn't a big deal to me, as I'm not using those pins anyways as I don't have that many outputs. It would pose a problem for someone wanting to run more than 4 motors, or possibly other specialized scenarios.

Let me know if my logic is sound, or if I'm totally off track.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    I'm configuring the software and am having some trouble with setting ports and pins for homing and limits. When I set the pins for homing under each axis, if I click "apply setting" it clears the ports and pi s back to zero.

Downloads
    Uploads

What motion controller are you using? If you choose output pins for inputs, they will not work. With a UC300, the different ports have different pin assignments, so you may need to change ports. Ports 2 and 3 are standard.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

The port and pin clear when that pin can't be used for that function, you likely trying to configure your home and limit pins to output pins and not inputs and you can't do that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everyone, I recently purchased the UC300ETH-UCCNC combo and spent most of last week reassembling the machine wiring because I had a lot of troubles in the past with spindle cables and wiring cabinet. I decided to ditch the cabinet which was just using valuable space, and many connectors and badly engineered wiring were the PITA for a long time so it had to go. After almost buying pokeys with their shiny keyboard, I switched to UCCNC because it offered many possibilities along with the so much praised motion planner.
    After wiring and installing, setting was easy and intuitive, jogging speed during testing is roughly double I could use without fear before! All in all, everything works as promised, so all praises to CNCDRIVE regarding that.
    Now, the problems I am experiencing are probably because of my misuse, or misunderstanding for time being, but I will try to explain them for anyone's advice which is badly needed (deadlines and all..)
    First, when I jog or test any part of machine, everything is fine. But when i try to run some code machine is not running, even on a toolpath display the yellow arrow is not moving. Then when I stop the code, the machine moves in some general direction couple of inches and stops. This is accompanied with respective movement of a yellow arrow.
    When running demo code from mach3, the crossed bones with a skull, it does only g0 moves, while the same code runs jerkily, but fully, in mach3 with the plugin installed.
    Installation, settings, post-processor, or bugs in software???
    Second, I can't save any changes done with the screen editor, no matter how many enters I press, or how many times I apply and save! Every time it reverts to a default setting, I may be doing something wrong so a hint would be helpful.
    Third, software limits seem to be within work, not machine coordinates. Can that be changed, or am I seeing something wrong?
    Forgive me, I am tired, and that is all I have noticed for now, and any help will be appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

It sounds like a computer problem to me.
    If the settings do not save then your UCCNC folder might have write protection.

You may also want to check the Profiles/statistics windows and check the communication graph, because it may be a LAN card issue and the too high graph values will show that.

Software limits are sure in machine coords.

Downloads
    Uploads

First, when I jog or test any part of machine, everything is fine. But when i try to run some code machine is not running, even on a toolpath display the yellow arrow is not moving.
    Do you have a solid blue light on the UC300ETH?

Second, I can't save any changes done with the screen editor, no matter how many enters I press, or how many times I apply and save! Every time it reverts to a default setting,
    In the Screen Editor window, are you clicking the "File" tab (the last one), and clicking "Save Screenset"?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

In the past I have had similar issues with saving configurations, but there is generally a manual way to do it with UCCNC. In fact that is one of the things I like most about it. For example the start up ding ding drives me nuts as it is too high pitched, so I just downloaded the "Blip" sound file from here WavSource: Sound Effects 1 / Free Wav Files and Sound Clips and copied it to C:\UCCNC\Flashscreen\SOUND folder, renamed reset.wav to reset1.wav and renamed blip.wav to reset.wav.... Tada no more annoying ding ding but rather a much softer blip. Most if not all configuration settings can be found in one or more files, so it is just a case of finding the right file, edit with Notepad or Wordpad and make the changes manually if it won't save in UCCNC.

If my post is missing the n't you might have to mentally add it yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads

I deleted that wav file and it makes no issue, reset button is then just silent.

Downloads
    Uploads

I deleted it once but when the new version came out and it was back again, and I never removed it again, but since I have to click the reset button I don't mind it making a non disturbing sound.

If my post is missing the n't you might have to mentally add it yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yassaa,
    could you post your profile so I could test it? The cross.tap in Mach3 is for laser as I see. What kind of machine do you have? And, if not top secret , post a small code that you tried and did not work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by yassaa View Post
    First, when I jog or test any part of machine, everything is fine. But when i try to run some code machine is not running, even on a toolpath display the yellow arrow is not moving. Then when I stop the code, the machine moves in some general direction couple of inches and stops. This is accompanied with respective movement of a yellow arrow.
    This is something I have never seen. If the machine can jog in every direction it should be able to move even for G code moves. When this is happening, do you have the spindle on or off? If the spindle is not rotating during jogging and the first G code you execute is M3 and the spindle starts spinning then that can indicate electrical interference, but otherwise I have no idea.

When running demo code from mach3, the crossed bones with a skull, it does only g0 moves, while the same code runs jerkily, but fully, in mach3 with the plugin installed.
    Again, if it moves with G0 then it should move with G1 as well, but beware, the skull and basically every other G-code created for Mach3 contain non-supported G code also, such as G20/21, G42/43 and a few more. You have to remove those from the G-code or make sure UCCNC ignores those codes. Beware that if the codes are just ignored the results will not be as expected.

Installation, settings, post-processor, or bugs in software???
    I am sure it is not a software bug. More likely your hardware installation.

I can't save any changes done with the screen editor, no matter how many enters I press, or how many times I apply and save! Every time it reverts to a default setting, I may be doing something wrong so a hint would be helpful.
    You have to save the file, not just apply settings and save settings. It is a bit confusing when you are a newbie, but that's how it is.

Third, software limits seem to be within work, not machine coordinates. Can that be changed, or am I seeing something wrong?
    I don't use sofware limits, but I am pretty sure that you are doing something wrong or misunderstand how it is working.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dezsoe View Post
    Yassaa,
    could you post your profile so I could test it? The cross.tap in Mach3 is for laser as I see. What kind of machine do you have? And, if not top secret , post a small code that you tried and did not work.
    Szia!

Welcome to cnczone.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    I... Tada no more annoying ding ding but rather a much softer blip.
    ding dong, ding ding, blip. tada... every sound is is just pointless and annoying. It does NOT contribute to safety and adds no valuable information just nuisance and irritation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Szia!

Welcome to cnczone.
    Szia!
    I was a read-only user for 3 years.

Downloads
    Uploads

Szia!
    I was a read-only user for 3 years.
    ...like I am on HobbyCNC

was a reader only for long time, now registered but still only a reader.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the advises, not saving screenset was definitely my fault.
    I tried to reinstall, with or without HY plugin (which works perfect), and the code is still not running!

Here is a short clip showing what I am talking about not running code:

This particular code was done hundreds of times before so it is a good benchmark for me. I am using RhinoCAM 2016 with mach2/3 mm post processor for most jobs, and lately I am trying HSMworks for high speed toolpaths. This code was done with aspire or v-carve, can't remember, but it had worked before with mach3. Later I will try uc300eth again with mach, since I did just an elementary settings both in mach and uccnc (motor outputs, home and limit switches, without any tweaking for now). I will save and post the g-code and profile settings.

P.S. Machine is self made to be some kind of universal milling/routing 4axis mill, with addition of a 15 mm steel base plate I was able even to mill stainless with good cutters. It performed very good, I just sometimes had problems with z axis resonance, but only at particular feeds and speeds. That was the main reason for switching to external controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yassaa,
    your video is private, I cannot watch it. Set it to not listed, or published.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yassaa,
    your video is private, I cannot watch it. Set it to not listed, or published.
    Sorry, I think now it is OK.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

One other thing, it seems that no mater what cv setting I use, mach3 runs in exact stop mode. I can not make it move smoothly at all, I need to lower the acceleration to 50 mm/s2 so it wouldnt sound like ak47.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast