UCCNC owners and support thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: UCCNC owners and support thread

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UCCNC owners and support thread

dubble

I saw this for the index, & wondered how many slots can you have, if you have gone to an encoder then that would be a Plus can you read 1024 2048 encoder or something much less absolute or incremental

I also would of liked to of tested, your new up dates, but you never offered, as you know, I find any problems that there may be, as I did before

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UCCNC owners and support thread-index-png  
    Mactec54

dubble

Hi, thanks for your interest in the UCCNC.

The index prescaler for the spindle can be an integer value and the limit is the 50kHz counting frequency, becaus the signals are polled with 100kHz.
    Although the index prescaler can be used only to count the spindle speed more precisely than with a single slot encoder.

The 1.1 version of the software can also do rigid tapping and syncronous thread cutting with free running spindle with encoder feedback.
    for that you need an incremental encoder with A,B and Index channels.
    The index channel must give one signal per turn, so there should be no gearing between the encoder and the spindle shaft, or if there is then the index must be placed to the spindle shaft (e.g. an optical gate and a half disk on the spindle shaft.)
    Also the index must be at least 10microsec long to be read safely by the UC100/300.

For the encoder the frequency limit is the same, 100kHz sampled, so 50kHz max. if the encoder channels are perfectly aligned to 90°,
    this means 3000 1/min max. speed with a 1000 pulse per rev encoder which is probably enough for all applications since nobody really want to cut a thread or tap a drill with so high spindle speed.
    Also the threading and tapping algorithm looks ahead and it calculates the angle ahead based on the actual rotational speed and it counts sub-encoder ticks, so it's quite precise with even a 100 counts encoder.

The 1.1 version is not public yet, because we still want to do a few more things before releasing it to the public, but if you PM me your e-mail address then I'll e-mail you the download link for the latest non-official release.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi there, Just installed uccnc for my uc300 and finding motors are running smoother than mach 3 which is great but im experiencing two issues..

1. Jogging works fine on continuous when i power up with both the onscreen buttons and keyboard direction keys. As soon as i home all the axis or home any axis trying to jog the the axis will only move a random .200 -.500 at a time and stop, almost as if it were in step mode??
    2. tool paths that work fine in mach 3 are openning in uccnc with arc errors on almost every line. I have tried generic mach 3 post processor and fanuc generic. both have these errors. is there a uccnc post processor that will fix this?

Please help!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

issue resolved.. uccnc doesnt like radius's in the gcode so needed to be disabled and the jogging issue disappeared once a tool path was loaded so must be a bug.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another question.. does anyone know the pwm port for the uc300 analogue output port pin 14?. Ive tried all ports ranging 0-6 and nothing. I find this frustrating as this is designed for use with the uc300 yet nowhere in the manual for either ucccnc or the uc300 do they mention this. I had the same question when i was setting up mach3 with uc300 and found leaving the port blank worked. uccnc wont allow me to leave that field empty and defaults to zero? Please help, im out of ideas.

Last edited by Jon.N.CNC; 06-18-2015 at 04:42 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jon, I think the issue of the jog is a little more embedded than just loading a file. I continue to experience the same problem at various points, but the issue seems to happen most when I try to use the plus or minus buttons and press more than one button at a time.

As painful as it may be if you press the plus (or minus) and then move an axis, the press the plus (or minus) and then move an axis, you can eventually get to the speed you want, but if you try skip a number it will do exactly what you describe. Other times you can get away with skipping several numbers and it will be ok. It seems to be quite random and the only way I can get it to reset is to close the app and reload it.

If my post is missing the n't you might have to mentally add it yourself.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Hi Jon, I think the issue of the jog is a little more embedded than just loading a file. I continue to experience the same problem at various points, but the issue seems to happen most when I try to use the plus or minus buttons and press more than one button at a time.

As painful as it may be if you press the plus (or minus) and then move an axis, the press the plus (or minus) and then move an axis, you can eventually get to the speed you want, but if you try skip a number it will do exactly what you describe. Other times you can get away with skipping several numbers and it will be ok. It seems to be quite random and the only way I can get it to reset is to close the app and reload it.

How annoying. its a shame because its otherwise a nice piece of software. ive heard it is slower than mach 3 but im finding this hard to understand.. surely just increase the feed rate then? but its error correction is fantastic.

I have emailed cncdrive about the jogging issue who suspect its an issue in the setup profile.

I wonder if the same thing happens with an mpg controller?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Figured out the pwm settings for the uc300, they are as follows:

I/0 Setup > Spindle PWM Channel: 1
    Spindle Setup> Pin 14, Port 0

I did try the other output pins 6 and 7 i believe, these didn't work and i've heard some discussion that they have got these pins in the wrong order in the manual.

I asked cncdrive why this is not in information such as channel and port number for the analogue port is not in the manual, and they insist it is. Damned if i can see that, the analogue port has no reference to its address whatsoever looking at the one i have here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jon.N.CNC View Post
    How annoying. its a shame because its otherwise a nice piece of software. ive heard it is slower than mach 3 but im finding this hard to understand.. surely just increase the feed rate then? but its error correction is fantastic.

I have emailed cncdrive about the jogging issue who suspect its an issue in the setup profile.

I wonder if the same thing happens with an mpg controller?
    It all depends on the code... The are numerous ways you can trigger an event like speed increase. You can make it trigger the button by holding the mouse over it, when you click it, when you enter the button, when you leave the button, the possibilities are really huge. I would expect that an MPG would work a lot like the computer keyboard in that it takes a physical button press and turns that into a keyboard response (key code response to the app from the keyboard) this however doesn't effect the speed increase / decrease as that is handled by separate code via on screen buttons.

I haven't seen the source code but I half suspect the problem to be in the method used to trigger the refresh action from the button push. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't which suggests one or more exit routines aren't functioning as expected, but as I haven't seen the code this is purely speculation and could be completely wrong.

If my post is missing the n't you might have to mentally add it yourself.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jon.N.CNC View Post
    ive heard it is slower than mach 3 but im finding this hard to understand..
    I'm not sure what you mean by "slower" but in my experience, UCCNC's CV mode trajectory planner is much better than Mach 3's and I'm able to cut a lot of time on certain programs.

-Andy B.
    http://www.birkonium.com CNC for Luthiers and Industry http://banduramaker.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

?

Last edited by garyrmck; 12-01-2015 at 04:30 PM. Reason: posted incorrectly

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

I'm very new to cnc - so please be gentle !!

I have started to convert my milling machine to CNC.

I purchased a 3 axis kit from Longs Motors (425ozin)
    A copy of UCCNC
    A UC-100 motion controller

Software has installed fine.
    The motors/controllers are wired up per Longs Motors diagrams, and are set to 1600 steps/rev

Powering up, green leds come on, on BOB and drivers. There is no smoke :-)

I have set the step/dir pins in UCCNC correctly, however when I use the JOG control the motors do not move.

Can someone please advise what else, if anything needs to be set in software? Any other possible issues? Things to look for? I have looked for some basic instructions on what to set up but can't find any. The software manual provides details of everything, but not what a minimal setup must have...

advice really welcomed!

cheers
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have holding torque on the motors?
    If not then probably your BOB/drives missing an enable or charge pump signal.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks OlfCNC,

I got it working by setting step and direction to active low... seems all good now. Just have to figure out what to set current limiting and speeds to..

cheers
    Gary

Downloads
    Uploads

I recently received a UC400ETH and got it set up on my Windows 10 PC. I then loaded the UCCNC software and put the license key file in the UCCNC directory but the software does not recognize the key. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just got my ETH400 up and running with out issue. First, setup the ETH400 Ethernet connection and make sure its communicating with the pc. Follow the setup steps in the ETH400 users manual. Make sure the license is loaded in the UCCNC main directory and not a sub directory. Don't change anything in the license txt file... if it's altered in any way it won't work.

Downloads
    Uploads

It turned out I had the wrong license key. I sent a note to UCCNC and got the new file from Balazs Klincsik.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am seriously trying to get away from Mach3 and would like to move to UCCNC. I am currently running a DIY 2x4 CNC with Clearpath Servos. The machine is capable and rigid enough to cut Baltic Birch Ply at 400ipm, but Mach3's Trajectory Planner Sucks beyond 100ipm on arcs. I have messed around with the UCCNC demo and see that its Trajectory on arcs is much smoother and does not distort the tool path.

My question is this: Is anyone running a PMDX-126 BOB with the UC400ETH on UCCNC? I love how rock solid PMDX is and would like to stick with it, as I have them on 3 different machines. If it is not possible, what BOB is everyone running and what is your experience with what you are running?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tygerwolf76 View Post
    I am seriously trying to get away from Mach3 and would like to move to UCCNC. I am currently running a DIY 2x4 CNC with Clearpath Servos. The machine is capable and rigid enough to cut Baltic Birch Ply at 400ipm, but Mach3's Trajectory Planner Sucks beyond 100ipm on arcs. I have messed around with the UCCNC demo and see that its Trajectory on arcs is much smoother and does not distort the tool path.

My question is this: Is anyone running a PMDX-126 BOB with the UC400ETH on UCCNC? I love how rock solid PMDX is and would like to stick with it, as I have them on 3 different machines. If it is not possible, what BOB is everyone running and what is your experience with what you are running?
    I posted questions about this over at the PMDX forum, and here's what I found from over there:

PMDX-126 & UC400ETH Compatibility

Hopefully this info helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well maybe not (;-) The second port functions I/O of the UC400 is identical to the 1st port I/O functions . BUT a lot of the BOBS use the lpt2 port senario for port #2 where it is mostly inputs NOT outputs. THAT will make The #2 port not compatible in pin functions and there is no way in UCcnc to change the pin functions of the #2 port to MATCH the bob.

So the real question is IS teh BOB's pin function compatible with a LPT1 format ? or can its functions be changed to match a LPT1 format.

Clear as mud ? (;-) TP

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast