Using "M" codes

Thread: Using "M" codes

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Using "M" codes

Now that I know enough about "G" codes to be dangerous I'm ready to advance to the next level. Just did a couple of runs on my newest CNC mill.

I have an Axxus control board that the computer plugs into and the Gecko driver boards wire into. This board also has termals for 5 inputs and 4 outputs. The 4 outputs use pin #1, #16, #14 and #17

Now, can I assume these outputs are for turning on the spindle, coolant pump and other periferal devices?

I know that M03 code is supposed to turn on the spindle and M05 stops the spindle. Which outputs does MO3 turn on? Is there a place in the software to match up "M" codes with pin numbers?

M07 turns on coolant on relay "A" and M08 turns on relay "B".

Appreciate some pointers on this,
    I'll try these "M" codes and see if something happens at the outputs untill I here from someone.
    Thanks,

Jim

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Using "M" codes-axxus-jpg  
    Last edited by jimglass; 06-17-2003 at 05:06 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Jim,

How about not cross posting the same message in 5 different forum sections, Pick one and I am sure someone will try to help you!

Downloads
    Uploads

In TurboCNC, go to Setup and Misc IO (IIRC) and set the port as per the board connections.

Stupid questions make me smarter...
    See how smart I've become at www.9w2bsr.com ;-P

Downloads
    Uploads

Jim,

You are asking the same thing I did about 2 weeks ago. I talked to Dean who is the creator of the Axxus board. He gave me the P/N for the proper relay from Digikey that works with his board. The P/N is 255-1135-ND The discription is "Relay Power SPDT 25A 12VDC"

I ordered 4 of them. I used two in a box with two 110 AC plugs that the relays turn on and off. I am using one of them for the spindle (router) on/off. I used pin 17 for this. It was so simple I don't know why I did not do this sooner.

Thanks

Jeff Davis (HomeCNC)
    http://www.homecnc.info

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default "I got it"

Thanks, I got it;

Found the misc. I/O setup no problem and found how to toggle through all the options. WOW, learned something today.

However, initially tried pins #1 and #16 and found they only put out 5 Volts which did not trip the 12 volt relays. Pins #14 and #17 put out over 12 v so I used those for the spindle and coolant.
    Works great. Hmmm.....would have thought all 4 pins would put out the same voltage??? Also wondering if those relays can switch 24v DC?? If the relays are "solid state" they may not. I always like switching 120V AC with with industrial grade relays.

Thanks again for the help. Sorry Cromwell for the multiple postings. Did not realize that is clearly against the rules and I'll not do it again.

So much to learn and so little time,
    Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

JIMGLASS,
    I like your saying!
    So much to learn and so little time!

Straight from Willy Wonker Chocolate Factory..

My little piece of the web!
    http://users.adelphia.net/~wjdupont