Need help with G50

Thread: Need help with G50

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help with G50

Hi,
    Ok, today for the first time, I tried to use G50 to find the center of a bored hole.

Initially, as I have never used it before, I tested with a separate ground wire on my probe.
    It worked perfectly, however when I tried it on a fixed bore, it would go to the 12 o'clock position and stop, beep several times and quit.

Am I wrong, or should it go back to the original position first and then try the next trial ( 6 o'clock) and then proceed in the y direction or have I done something wrong.

I placed the probe in the approximate center, issued a G50 F2 and started the process.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What type of probe are you using? The type the forms a circuit through the machine, or the one with separate contacts inside the probe (most likely balls and pins)?

Does the probe break contact with the workpiece after the first beep or does it just stay there?

Downloads
    Uploads

The probe is a modified electronic edge finder.
    The probe DOES NOT break contact and that is the problem! Checking the code and there is no move to clear the contact! It makes the 12 o'clock contact, and issues the next probe and so on.

So it looks like it is time to do some coding! Wish Dave K would issue the new version which hopefully wii have this fixed.

Last edited by Bubba; 04-02-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: additional thought
    Art

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I dont recall seeing on the bug list, but one can hope.

Guess I will have to use the probe point command then.

Downloads
    Uploads

I checked the bug list and it isn't there. Also sent a note to Dave K in case he missed this on in his checking.
    On the other hand, coded up a possible fix last evening and hope to test today. Will let you know how it goes!

Art

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, I have tested the changes and it works as it should now. It was a simple move back to the starting point between the moves.

Forgive me if I don't respond quickly as my broadband isp is messed up and I have to access the zone via slooooooooooooow dialup. For some reason everything else works.

Art