Stop/start a program

Thread: Stop/start a program

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Stop/start a program

Hi;
    Is there a way to stop and restart a program remotely. The
    ESC button stops the program then Y/N to restart or terminate the program. One of my projects is a home built Wire EDM. For now the wire EDM is controlled by a programmable controller. I would like to convert it to true CNC. However, the spark voltage needs to be monitored while it is burning. When the voltage drops there is an input to the controller that halts the wire advance untill the voltage increases again, then the wire advance resumes.
    Is it possible to pause the Turbocnc software then restart it through some kind of input recieved from the EDM power supply.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Is it possible to pause the Turbocnc software then restart it through some kind of input recieved from the EDM power supply.
    Not yet, at least not in any way that most users would consider reasonable. You could program the entire toolpath path in very short moves, punctuated by M72 or M73 commands to wait for input from the EDM power supply, but that'd be kind of a pain I would think.

This sort of thing has been on the slate for eventual addition to the code, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

can the short move plus the M72/M73 be put inside a loop? that would let you program long controlled moves.

robotic regards,

Tom

Last edited by ToyMaker; 06-10-2003 at 08:37 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

can the short move plus the M72/M73 be put inside a loop? that would let you program long controlled moves.
    No, sorry. Loops and macros aren't supported yet, although subroutines are.

With the source code, such a thing could be spliced in to pause the action inside the motion loop - maybe simply by changing the function of the e-stop external trigger line from the (Y/N) dialog it displays now.