Need Help! TurboCad/Cam vs. Bobcad/Cam

Thread: TurboCad/Cam vs. Bobcad/Cam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TurboCad/Cam vs. Bobcad/Cam

Hello All,

I am wanting to purchase some new Cad/Cam software for cnc mill and lathe work. Seeking some inside information regarding who has more to offer BobCad or TurboCad? Any information would be greatly appreciated both companies have offered me some good pricing. Thanks all!!!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I have TurboCad Platinum V18 but haven't mastered it yet. It doesn't do CAM. I see it more like an AutoCad wannabe. BobCad I'm not familiar with.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

Hi KOC62,
    I thought I would step in here and help answer your question. I think TurboCAD is a great product for the cost. BobCAD is also a CAM system that will take your TurboCAD model and offer you the ability to manage machining strategies and create toolpath to machine it. The system also gives you simulation capabilities and G-Code programming for your machine to make the part. In terms of price, BobCAD-CAM Version 24 is remarkably affordable. You can download a free demo from their site at BobCAD-CAM | Powerful & Affordable CNC CAD/CAM Software Solutions. I hope this helps in your search for the right product.
    Sincerely,
    CNCdude

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been using TurboCad since V10. During this time, I have learned many shortcuts and tricks.
    I recently got the bug to build my own CNC router and looked at the various software to go from TC to g-code. Although BobCad is a bit pricy, it is capable of doing 2D, 3D and multi axis tooling. For me and my future uses, the BobCad would not be much more than buying several less expensive software.
    BobCad is does the Cad and Cam portion of the job, while the TurboCad only does the Cad. Turbo Cam is less powerful than Bob, but TurboCad is more powerful than Bob.
    Because I already know TurboCad, I will continue use it. I also need some of the extra features that TurboCad has to offer.
    The Cad portion of BobCad seems to be easier to learn.
    If a person is starting with no Cad experience, Bobcad will most likely provide a better experience. If you need the extra features in TurboCad, those benefits will come at the expense of a longer learning curve.

Downloads
    Uploads

I also use Turbocad pro for Mac and for cam bobcad Works Fine.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TurboCad/Cam vs. Bobcad/Cam

I've been using TurboCad® since version 8. Now on V21. It is reasonably priced and easy to use. BobCad® is way too pricey for what it does - and does not do. I was bought into it several years ago and never got used to it. They are constantly wanting to sell training which makes it even more pricey. After about 5 years they give up on trying to sell you training. I import my drawings into Vectric software. Either V-carve Pro or Cut3d depending on what it is. Aspire is their "Cadillac" software but I have not found the need for it yet. CabinetPartsPro is another good software for drawing/nesting casework.

I am running a 48x96x6 3-axis router.

Bob

Downloads
    Uploads

I work similar drawing in Turbocad pro and Then Export igs for 3d then cam at bobcad ... Works ok

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why not 3D in Turbocad®? The pro version has an add-on for CAM. Unfortunately we semi-pros can't justify the expense of the pro version.

Downloads
    Uploads

I can't compare the two. I do use Turbocad Pro Plat since about version 8. Now 21. It is extremely powerful. There is a learning curve with it of course, but that is going to be true for any CAD that is worth anything.
    I use other CAM software though. Turbocam I think will only do 2D work. I use Sheetcam for that. I use Vcarve every now and then when I want to do sign type work. I have Cut 3D as well. I use Dolphin Turn on the lathe.
    While all the software I use probably costs more than Bob together, they are a very powerful team and get me through every job that I have thrown at them.

I don't know of course, but if Bob could keep up with all those Cam packages, then that might be the smart way to go.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah i now learned there is an CAM for Turbo cad.
    But it seems it is only avail for Windows.
    And i of course use the Mac Version of turbo cad ,..
    So thats why my choices are limited.

i use Windows only if i am forced to (or gaming) so Bobcad Forced me ,..
    I looked into Rhino 3d and madam or rhino cam

So if i have to switch i then would switch totally i guess
    but so far my combo works for me.
    The problem with Bobcad is that the drawing UI is from late 90´s and this learning curve i am not willing to take.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use and have used for many years Turbo cad and recently went from Version 14 to 21 prof. I do not think any Cad programme could be easier to master having similar capabilities. All take some mastering especially 3D. Bobcad well I just purchased my first CNC mill with Syntec controller not Mach 3 and Bobcad V26 3d. no previous CAM experience or CNC experience. The CAD side of Bobcad is, I will be kind, useless, I could say more but leave it at that. The CAM side I have gotten used to and I should at this time say that the machine side of things I have just about fully mastered more a case of learning how to get the best out of its capabilities speed of set up etc still to achieved but fully operational including 8 ATC.
    Bobcad should become Bobcam and just leave the CAD to others. I feel that basicly the Cam side is good but rather than adding more capability they should go through the whole product with the word intuitive as the goal. The instructions both on line and off are poor and in many cases non existent. At times they give the answers for the basic steps for a set up (canned process) and leave out the ones that are more likely to stump people.
    The best way to sum up the product is lots of good features but poorly executed.

Downloads
    Uploads

You did Express my opinion as well bobcam is a Good Idea - probably the Feature to Turn and move the object may stay ,..