TurboCad for Mac Computers

Thread: TurboCad for Mac Computers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default TurboCad for Mac Computers

Greetings everyone:

I've been using TurboCad on my Mac computers for the last few years. I'm presently using TurboCad Mac Pro.

Since I'm self-taught there are alot of features and tricks that I still have no clue how to use.

One of the many things I haven't figured out is how to make the thread pattern on a bolt or screw. I don't know if it's even possible.

What I have been doing is just drawing a helical line around my bolt and just using that as my thread. Looks kind of cheesy and unprofessional but, until I can figure out how to do it correctly I'll just have to keep doing it that way.

I would much rather render my drawings with true thread patterns on my bolts and screws.

Can one of you more experienced TurboCad users give me a clue? If it is possible to do this I'd appreciate your help.

Many thanks.

MetalShavings

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's been a while since I posted this inquiry.

From the looks of it, I can only conclude two possibilities here; either it cannot be done or, if it can be done, no one here knows how to do it.

Oh well, at least I'm among like-minded TurboCad users.

MetalShavings

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't use TurboCAD, but there are probably a couple ways to do it.

Can you extrude along the helix?

Can you create surfaces between helix's, or polylines?

I've done threads both ways in AutoCAD. Extruding along a helix is how it's done in Solidworks.

Be aware that modelling "real" threads will bring your PC to it's knees jn a hurry, even with high end software.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

"Can you extrude along the helix?"

I've never tried that so I can't say if it will or won't work. I'll give it a try.

I've worked with a couple of other CAD softwares and I've been studying up on the GibbsCAM software for an upcoming class. I mention this because it seems that even though these CAD softwares are different, many of them have similar features.

I'll let you know if it worked for me or not. Since my Mac is no longer a "Spring-Chicken" I guess I'll also find out what kind of a toll the thread-renderings will take in my system.

Many thanks for the tips.

MetalShavings