Tool Path

Thread: Tool Path

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tool Path

Any out there tell me how in TURBCAD to say draw a circle and the add a tool path on the outside of the circle for a 1/4 bit?

or a square or line ect...

I just need to figure out how to confinsate for the tool bit !

Similar Threads:
    My little piece of the web!
    http://users.adelphia.net/~wjdupont

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Use the offset command. First, select your line/circle/polyline/whatever, then do:
    Edit -> Copy Entities -> Offset
    You can now enter the offset distance into the toolbar at the bottom, which should equal the radius of your tool (so use 1/8 for 1/4" tool), then click on the side of the line that you want the offset to be produced on to create it. Simple. For complex polylines, don't forget to explode the offsets beofre you convert to DXF, as ace converter will go a bit loopy otherwise, coz it doesn't seem to like p-lines!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Worked!

Kong,
    A big thanks to you pal!! You just help me with another hurdle! I couldnt figure it out. you cleared it up and I tryed it and it is just what I was looking for.. Thanks.. This takes time to learnevery thing but I am having fun. I love it.... Thanks again Kong!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Kong,
    What do you mean by this?

For complex polylines, don't forget to explode the offsets beofre you convert to DXF, as ace converter will go a bit loopy otherwise, coz it doesn't seem to like p-lines!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If I remember rightly, you are using ace for your g-code conversions. I have found that if I use polylines for the toolpath ie. an arc and straight line, joined as a single line, ace tends to mess up the g-code. i always test first in a cnc simulator program, and it shows up these errors. So if you are using poly-lines in your toolpaths, just select them, and Format -> Explode to break the line into it's respective pieces.
    Or, you could just ignore what i said, and just make sure you test your g-code before you use it!