Need help connecting a TTL/PWM laser to my chinese 6040 cnc

Thread: Need help connecting a TTL/PWM laser to my chinese 6040 cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help connecting a TTL/PWM laser to my chinese 6040 cnc

Hi everyone,

I got me one of those ebay lasers (15w) and I’m trying to adapt it to my chinese 6040 machine... So I cut an aluminum 1/8” plate and drilled it to fit it on the spindle as you se in the pictures ... pulled the wires through etc..my issue now that i'm trying to understand is how do you wire the TTL/PWM wire(s) correctly.

The laser is 15w with 8W average and it says it has TTL and PWM control. The laser board which is small has 4 control input pins as seen in the laser pic I took of ebay...one pin looks like it says TTL next to it ... 2 of the pins looks like they are for ground connections and the 4 th pin that has a + sign next to it I assume is the PWM input but it’s not labeled as such.. just the +

One questions I have is : Do the wires that connect to the laser’s TTL/PWM come from the DB25 connector or from the actual stepper motors wires? Now I have wires pulled to the db25 but I want to make sure before I try this thing.
    Is the TTL/PWM one wire input or are they 2 separate inputs? I was reading that the direction pin goes to TTL and the step pin goes to PWM which makes me think they are 2 separate inputs.

I plan on connecting this laser to the 4 th Axis A which I don’t use yet.
    Attached are some pics of my machine and the laser including the little board where the power connects and where are also the 4 input pins.

I will plan to use this with mach3

Any feedback on this would be very helpful

Thanks in advance!
    Chris