Hello Tree/Baldor experts,

I have been trying to get Baldor retrofit drivers and motors working on my Tree 310. The machine was not working when I got it, and I found out the mill owner/retrofitter has passed away so no information/help there. The motors have 500L encoders. All three axis have a 2:1 reduction on the belt pullies, and are 5 TPI ball screws. I have verified axis resolution numbers are correct to via a measured move. This tell me the parameter resolution number are correct, and I have recapped the power supply.

I currently have the servo system working with errors whenever it moves fast then ~220 IPM.

I have setup the drivers per the Baldor procedure. Fails at fast rapids or any position moves. Then I tried setting the drivers per the a J425 retrofit setup. Error on any move greater then ~220 IPM.

Then I ran linear moves while twisting signal and tach pots all over the place. What I found is the drivers work almost in any pot position in linear mode under 200 IPM. But if I try over 200 IPM at almost any LAG values it will fail with an X or Y axis Servo Error and Run Away Error. :-(

The same is true for any position moves, if it is trying to move faster than 220 IPM it's going to fail.

I have tried many parameters options, Max rapid 100 to 250, KV1 0.8 to 1.2 and KV2 0.2 to 1.0, I have always left the gain break at 100.

I need to know more about the parameter regarding max rapid, KV1, gain break, and KV2. Mostly how they interact with each other, and how the controller is using them? Are there other parameters I should be looking at?

I was hoping to just set the max rapid speed to like 150 IPM and call it good, but the lower numbers seem to cause it own problems because it just seems to bring the signal voltage to max faster.

Link to more information about the 310: tree310

Have included two videos showing this and one showing the display. If you turn the sound up you can hear what I am talking about. Setup using the retrofit procedure.

The last video shows the 310 doing a Y Position move ( Rapid 250 IMP ) which will run at a reduced speed of 150 IPM or less but fails with a servo error any faster. The X axis also fails around 155 IPM and the Z can make it up to ~220 IPM before failing.

If you listen to the Position move video it makes a surging sound in one direction? (If you turn up the signail it reduces this sound.)

The video page link: Videos

TREE 310 Info:
Serial# 9-32-85-1255
Controller: Dynapath 10

BALDOR Card Cage & Power Supply
FLA7153C-00
LD4-03S

BALDOR DRIVE BOARD
FLD7150C-00
LD3015HS160

Motors: MTE-4534-SPECIAL

Thanks,