Need Help! Tree VMC 750

Thread: Tree VMC 750

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tree VMC 750

Hey all,

So I have a Tree VMC 750 with Siemens PC2100 controller. In the middle of running a job yesterday I received and Alarm Message 39-22 "An error is reported by an x,y, or z axis drive." It is the Y axis. When I rebooted the alarm came up again as soon as I tried to move the y axis. I switched the x and y cables and the problem followed the cable. This morning I cut my wiring on the cable back and re-wired it (there was a shotty spot next to the plug, I thought it might be a bad connection in the cable) this made no result change. I was reading another thread on here that suggested possibly a bad ground. I re-grounded the machine and tried again. The machine booted and I was able to align axis and hand jog the table around. But when I ran the program it alarmed in the middle again. It seems that messing with the ground helped but I am still getting this alarm. Any ideas?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tree VMC 750

sorry hadn't noticed your post previously and I haven't been on here in a bit... But I had similar problem that kept creeping back up.. The blocks that the cables connect to in the back of the machine have a way of working loose and causing these issues and/or going bad. They are near the bottom left of cabinet go in and re-tighten all wiring connections on those blocks for each axis, do em all while your there, with power off of course ; ) ... ! If that doesn't work you may have to replace one of them, few hundred bucks if I recall from ZPS, they have them. if that doesn't work get a hold of Bob @ ZPS he is extremely helpful and quick and knows these machines and keeps some parts for them.

Best of luck!