Tree 2UV quill extremely tight and shaft damaged

Thread: Tree 2UV quill extremely tight and shaft damaged

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tree 2UV quill extremely tight and shaft damaged

I just picked up a tree 2UV mill and have begun fixing a few small things that I've noticed. The current situation is that even with the spindle lock off, it is very difficult to raise and lower the spindle. Not smooth and easy like it should be. I also found that several of the splines on the shaft that raise and lower the spindle were sheared off. How does the spindle get removed so I can further inspect and clean? Also, the machine came without the yoke for the collet closer. Are those available anywhere?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Tree 2UV quill extremely tight and shaft damaged

If this is a manual machine(some of the cnc have the same head) the quill comes out the top.

The motor has to come off. What drives the spindle on mine is a coupling with rollers and eccentric pins to snug up vs a spline on a Bridgeport
    Problem is the rollers wear a divot from driving at the same speed.

An upgrade was flat pucks that still used the eccentric pins. I made my own and it works but it's a very well worn machine. It is a real pain to reassemble with the puck though. They get adjusted through a pipe plug on the front.

There is also a key that is screwed to the quill that works with the depth stop.

Dave