Need Help! Straightening out tool files in tool manager on a VMC 760

Thread: Straightening out tool files in tool manager on a VMC 760

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Straightening out tool files in tool manager on a VMC 760

I have a '97 Tree/ZPS VMC760 with a PC 2100 control,and should have left well enough alone; but no.... I wanted to add a tapping function into a drilling only program.
    Somehow, I got the machine's tool files so screwed up, I can't even put in an M06 T** command into MDI without an error message coming up saying "the required tool pocket falls out side the number of pockets available." That happens regardless of what tool number I choose.
    I've have the programming manuals, but I can't seem to undo whatever I did.
    All I can do now is load a single tool (drill) and run it that way.
    I know there were tools loaded into the machine before I got it, but have no idea how to clean everything out and start fresh.
    Is there a way to go back to a "default" setting or something ???
    Thanks for any replies

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Straightening out tool files in tool manager on a VMC 760

Not sure if it is under tools/display/tool field select.
    It has been a loooooong time since I have stood in front of one of those controls.
    I may have some generic home screen setups that I used to load into the controls to set up the controls the way I liked them.
    If you have not figured out your issue yet, I can look for it in my archives.
    I don't carry data that old with me on a daily basis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Straightening out tool files in tool manager on a VMC 760

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am back in business...sort of.
    The factory service guy-Bob- sent me a tool backup file that got me going again. At least to where the machine will load tools with a M06 T- command.
    I run into a snag when trying to tap, because the machine needs to know exactly what tap I want to use.So I have define it, and assign a tool I.D. number etc.
    A friend that tried to help me says there seems to be two screens up at once in the tool manager. He said I should be able to see a list of all the tools that are loaded in the memory, and he said that seems to be running behind an individual tool screen. Without knowing what tools are loaded and where, I have a tough time assigning a new tool.
    Just using drills and mills is not a problem, as I can list them as "unknown" and the machine is happy to run them that way.
    So, I still need to figure out how to know what tools have been loaded by previous owners, and delete them.