I have held Shopbot Camps for years. Last year it was renamed a user's group. They have always been completely sponsored by Shopbot. This year while Shopbot is a sponsor I am more actively soliciting other cmc users. Here is the flyer for this year's event:

2017 Austin Shopbot User's Group - CNC Symposium

This year the Austin Shopbot User's Group - CNC Symposium will be held at my Shop on Friday, March 3, from 10am to 5pm and Saturday, March 4, from 9am to 5pm. This year the event will have only partial sponsorship from Shopbot which will necessitate a registration fee of $50. The symposium will follow the mode of previous years with presentations, demonstrations, show and tell, and plenty of networking and sharing. Mornings will feature coffee and donuts and lunch will be provided, sandwiches on Friday and fajitas on Saturday.

The focus will be on Shopbot machines and Vectric software since most of the participants will be Shopbot owners but user's of other machines and software are more than welcome and are encouraged to attend. The participants include professionals and hobbyists and the skill and experience level ranges from long time cnc users to beginners to those just considering cnc. The different industries and crafts represented is always interesting but everyone is united in learning and sharing cnc skills.

Bill Young from Shopbot will be in attendance. Bill is incredibly creative and inventive and has a wealth of knowledge to offer. At this point some of the presenters will be David Lemke, Steve Glassel, Brett Dickinson and myself. Others are being pursued and will be added. There will be presentations on making large projects utilizing the accuracy of cnc, cnc in education, use of the indexer for rotary and four sided machining, designing and cutting scooped and carved chair seats, 3d carving and more. Please contact me if you have some experience, knowledge or skill which you would like to present on. Likewise if there is an area or topic you would like a presentation on, please contact me. Consider this shameless groveling for presenters and topics. Please respond with any ideas you have.

The location of my shop is in Southwest Austin at 9000 Feather Hill Rd., Austin, TX 78737. It is easily found on Goggle Maps, Mapquest, gps, etc.

Registration is by email to wayne@lockedesign.net. Payment is by Paypay to the above email address or by check. I can waive or lower the registration fee for a few struggling students or others. Please email with your request.

Sincerely,
Wayne Locke

Locke Design & Woodworks
9000 Featherhill Rd.
Austin, TX 78737
512-288-3472
Locke Design & Woodworks

member: Guild of Austin Artisans
Home | The Guild of Austin Artisans

The Furniture Society
The Furniture Society | a nonprofit, educational organization founded in 1996