Lathe Tool Setter

Thread: Lathe Tool Setter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lathe Tool Setter

Has anyone used a lathe tool setter like the one in the link? The Slant Pro lathe does not have an ETS option that I know of.....

Seems kind of expensive however if it saves setup time... in the long run it would pay for itself....

https://3dtesterusa.com/products/3d-tester-drehplus

Similar Threads:
    Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lathe Tool Setter

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    Has anyone used a lathe tool setter like the one in the link? The Slant Pro lathe does not have an ETS option that I know of.....
    Seems kind of expensive however if it saves setup time... in the long run it would pay for itself....
    Looks like you could do the same thing with a Haimer for $200 cheaper. And also use it on your mill. The only difference I see is the cylindrical probe tip instead of the ball on the haimer.

The SPL15 controller looks like it has the DIN connector for the electronic probe. Too bad the PP tool offset screen in lathe mode doesn't include use of this capability, although implementation would be more difficult since you need to probe in two directions.

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    Looks like you could do the same thing with a Haimer for $200 cheaper. And also use it on your mill.

The SPL15 controller looks like it has the DIN connector for the electronic probe. Too bad the PP tool offset screen in lathe mode doesn't include use of this capability, although implementation would be more difficult since you need to probe in two directions.
    I've got the Haimer for my 1100 but the tip geometry would make setting lathe tools quite difficult. In the PP 2.0 lathe mode, I do not think there is any settings for probing or tool setting like there is on the mill.... Also, not sure about the DIN plug either.....

Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not sure this would work that great, I use a digital Haimer on my Hass and it's mounted in a tool holder and calibrated and it stays in that holder.

On the lathe, if you put it in a 3 jaws chuck, nothing will guarantee it will be concentric.

Jeff