Someone done hit their head on Ebay

Thread: Someone done hit their head on Ebay

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Someone done hit their head on Ebay

Have Ebay set up to notify me any time something with Tormach gets listed. I'm looking for a Slant Bed and got sent a link this morning.

TORMACH L15 PRO SLANT BED LATHE | eBay

$28k opening with reserve not met. But wait..... I can buy now for $40k!!!!!! What a deal for a 2015 unit. Or I could just go on Tormach's site and order a brand new fully loaded one for less than $25k.

Kink of a bummer because the location is about 4 hours from here.

Later,
    Awall

Similar Threads:
    Awall - The Body Armor Dude
    CoolCNCStuff_ on Instagram - CoolCNCStuff.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Someone done hit their head on Ebay

Hey, it's nice to see someone has a sense of humor...............LoL

Downloads
    Uploads

So pretty funny. I sent him a question on Ebay and below is the Q&A. Thought folks would get a kick out of this.

My question to the seller:
    I am looking for a Slant Pro and live north of Atlanta, GA.

However, something is off with your price. I can purchase a brand new fully loaded machine from Tormach for less than $25k - this includes all the accessories you show in the pictures.

https://www.tormach.com/store/index....KG&portrelay=1

Please let me know if this is a typo or miss-priced.

Thanks,

Sellers Answer (actual cut -n- paste):
    I HAVE MORE 5THAN 25 IN THIS ONE SO I QUESS YOU CAN GET YOUR FROM TORMACH

Interesting... his opening price is $28k and his buy now price is $40k. Man, I hope someone does not become the Worlds biggest sucker!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, what a deal..... he now lowered the price to $32,750! But hey, remember, he's got $25k in it. Mans got to make a profit on selling used equipment!

Downloads
    Uploads

I see this all the time. on amazon , ebay and other multi product sellers. I have seen 1/2" grade 8 bolts sell for 80 cents each to 28$ each. I think people post these to catch a state, local or fed government or non compete businesses making purchases and are in a hurry. This is crossing a purchasing agents desk and he gets paid to get the material not necessarily the lowest price because they dont even know what it is.

Problem I have been spending a great deal of time on lately is when I find one of these hulks of precision metal I can go get it and bring it back to my shop. Pickup truck is not the best solution for machine hauling. not easy to load and secure and move a pcnc1100 mill, sbl15. or other machine. I looked at dozens of trailers that were expensive and the ones strong enough to hold a mill were bigger then I wanted to store around my property. So I decided to build a custom machine hauling trailer that can also be used as a general purpose hauling trailer. Talk about making mostly small parts on mill and then starting a project that uses jack stands, floor jacks, wrenches grinders, impact drivers and all the other tools I have not used that much lately. Anyway fun to build something big for a change and use some of these other boxes of tools . I will post some pics of this in case others want to build a trailer to move cnc equipment. Also with this I might go to Vegas and pick up my sbl15 when I buy one in the near future its only 15 hrs from me and a nice drive. Use the 800$ shipping for a reason to go to Vegas. Maybe AMA Supercoss this fall.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, when I bought mine, I moved it in a Uhaul from Ft Collins CO to Alto GA. Good thing for me is that I have a mentor who has an equipment trailer with a 15,000 lb capacity. That, and I tow a 25' camper all over the place so towing is second nature to me.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hmm. If it is all high quality tooling that he has there, then possibly that much if he is also including logistics to get it where it is and his time for setup and break in on the spindle motor.
    It doesn't have a pneumatic collet closer though, so how can you call it loaded? I just ordered a new Haas Mini mill for that price. It has another axis and PDB.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Hmm. If it is all high quality tooling that he has there, then possibly that much if he is also including logistics to get it where it is and his time for setup and break in on the spindle motor.
    It doesn't have a pneumatic collet closer though, so how can you call it loaded? I just ordered a new Haas Mini mill for that price. It has another axis and PDB.
    I'm looking at Haas Mini mill as well! Did you buy your used or...?

Dennis

Downloads
    Uploads

It's a new one. Should be here in a couple weeks.
    I priced the older ones as well, but then consider logistics on those that I saw that were in good shape, it would not have been worth the discount. They seem to hold value pretty well. Consider the warranty as well as the Next gen controller and it made it an easy choice to just buy new.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=mountaindew;2055298I think people post these to catch a state, local or fed government or non compete businesses making purchases and are in a hurry. This is crossing a purchasing agents desk and he gets paid to get the material not necessarily the lowest price because they dont even know what it is.[/QUOTE]

Not in the fed government. Purchaser has to be on an approved vendor list, which most aren't. Ebay? forget about it.

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    Not in the fed government. Purchaser has to be on an approved vendor list, which most aren't. Ebay? forget about it.
    Actually, a waiver can be generated to order used parts off eBay. Where else ya going to find parts for old GE mark century 2000 controls. But yes, no fasteners, rigging, etc are ever allowed.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Actually, a waiver can be generated to order used parts off eBay. Where else ya going to find parts for old GE mark century 2000 controls. But yes, no fasteners, rigging, etc are ever allowed.
    Your purchasing department is obviously more flexible than mine. We feel lucky that we can order from McMaster.....

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tmarks11 View Post
    Your purchasing department is obviously more flexible than mine. We feel lucky that we can order from McMaster.....
    At my government owned facility, MMC is a *preferred* vendor, though it took about 10 years for that to happen. It made me quite a bit more productive.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    At my government owned facility, MMC is a *preferred* vendor, though it took about 10 years for that to happen. It made me quite a bit more productive.
    We can order anything but fasteners and rigging equipment from mcmaster.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk