PathPilot 1.9.8 bug with offsets on startup

Thread: PathPilot 1.9.8 bug with offsets on startup

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation PathPilot 1.9.8 bug with offsets on startup

I think I have found a pretty serious bug in PathPilot with offsets after cold start. If anyone could try this out and confirm I would be interested to know do you see the same.

Say you have T1 tool measured and touched off. You also have it dialed in with skim cut. Machine works great everything is on point.

Now you turn off machine and start it back again, ref X and Z and look at the X diameter position in DRO. Lower the tool down by eye to approximate level of the diameter that you skimmed in previous skim cut. DRO does not show even close to correct diameter. Now you enter T1 in MDI and DRO jumps back to correct number.

Problem is if you do not issue that T1 command and skim cut and enter that skim diameter value into the DRO as offset (regular procedure on cold start) the X offsets will be screwed up badly and if you run program like that it will crash 100%.

Confusion is that User Interface shows like T1 is selected on startup so its not intuitive that one must issue T1 command again.

I'd be interested if you could try this on your machine and see whether you can replicate it (minus the crash!) before I report it to Tormach as bug...