Fusion 360 and inverted gang tools?

Thread: Fusion 360 and inverted gang tools?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fusion 360 and inverted gang tools?

Can Fusion 360 still not use inverted tools in the positive X?
    Been through this before I think, but that was quite a while back. I would have expected this to be solved by now so that I could see a simulation. As it is, it will not even post the operation because the tool is oriented wrong,
    At least I think thats what is going on. Still screwing with it though.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fusion 360 and inverted gang tools?-gang-jpg  
    Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Fusion 360 and inverted gang tools?

Lee, I think I may have stumbled on a solution for this if you're still having problems with it.

Interestingly enough, I have the opposite issue at the moment with Fusion... it thinks my parting tool is on the X positive side when in fact I have it oriented on the gang plate the same way you do.

Downloads
    Uploads

You might try the post processor I wrote for this lathe. There are sone instructions, but basically if you're cutting X+ and X- on the same job, you can give the tool a turret number in the Fusion tool def. The post processor will will know you're cutting X+ with that tool. Its on the forum and the latest is on GitHub: https://github.com/adamvs99/Tormach_SlantPRO

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Works like a charm! Thanks Adam!

Now if only I could figure out the G76 code that Fusion outputs through your post...

Downloads
    Uploads

Ha! yes that G76 code is a bit daunting, but I think the instructions give a good method on getting what you want. I have to update the post processor one of these days to support tapers .. there are few other things I need to add also, Tormach has added some features since I put that code up there. But hey. *I* use on my lathe :-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by adamvs View Post
    Ha! yes that G76 code is a bit daunting, but I think the instructions give a good method on getting what you want. I have to update the post processor one of these days to support tapers .. there are few other things I need to add also, Tormach has added some features since I put that code up there. But hey. *I* use on my lathe :-)
    I forgot about the instructions! D'oh!

Following those, Fusion generates the toolpath in simulation in what looks to be just right. In posting it though, I don't know how else to describe the output other than it "bunches up" the threading op right in "front" of the part in the Z+ direction.

How it looks in Fusion:

How it looks in PathPilot:

Weird, right?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, Guys.

I just resorted again to using the conversational and hand coding bits together to get what I needed.
    I will try this post next time I need it. That should be soon.

Lee