What happened to: Review if the Tormach PCNC 1100 - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to: Review if the Tormach PCNC 1100

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kevperro View Post
    There are also customers who you DON'T want to deal with. Anyone who has been in business dealing with the general public can relate to this. I've had several customers who just couldn't be satisfied. They either have unrealistic expectations of you or they create their own problems. I sometimes wish I had some way of detecting them up front so I could save us both a bunch of headache. :-)

Amen to that- every business has to deal with these guys. Fortunately reasonable people will always recognize the type who is seething with some inner frustration not related to the product at all. The guy who started the post about the Tormach seemed to be a reasonable type. He outlined the issues and explained how he felt forced by their inaction to contact an attorney. The amount of talk here is evidence that the readers really expect some sort of explanation from the forum as to why the post was removed. Lack of an explanation seems to be escalating the very talk they want to stop.

Downloads
    Uploads

(self-deleted)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kevperro View Post
    I run a business with a public forum. About 99.999% of the post are not moderated and left for free discussion either in support of my products or not in support. .
    Just curious- did you go ahead and order the Tormach or did all this brou ha ha change your mind?

Community Moderator
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Could we please get a specific reason as to why the thread was moved and/or deleted?
    Shure, you just have to send a PM to cncadmin. It's up to him to answer that question and I see no problem with asking it.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

My experience is that cncadmin does not reply to emails.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by svenakela View Post
    Shure, you just have to send a PM to cncadmin. It's up to him to answer that question and I see no problem with asking it.

Downloads
    Uploads

The originator of the thread requested the removal. Both parties are actively working toward mutual resolution. There will be a statement posted in the forum on the situation as soon as possible.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCadmin View Post
    The originator of the thread requested the removal. Both parties are actively working toward mutual resolution. There will be a statement posted in the forum on the situation as soon as possible.
    Thank you for clearing that up !

Best of luck to both parties to a quick and amieable solution.

Scott

Downloads
    Uploads

The originator of the thread requested the removal. Both parties are actively working toward mutual resolution.
    Thanks for the update - is there some reason why that info could not have been posted in a new message when the thread was moved and/or deleted?

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter90 View Post
    Just curious- did you go ahead and order the Tormach or did all this brou ha ha change your mind?
    This has had zero effect on my choice. I've not pulled the trigger because I'm trying to get my ducks in a row in the warehouse. It is taking me longer than expected to my space organized for installation and the holiday has delayed getting 220V hooked up.

All of my interaction with Tormach has been nothing but a pleasure at this point. I expect to have to work through some issues when buying the machine. Much of that is my responsibility. I'm not buying a $250K machine where someone is paid to come out to install it and train my employees. I'm buying a $10K machine that requires me to do my own homework.

If there are problems, I'll expect them to help me through it. They do more than anyone else I've seen in terms of their documentation. What they have online exceeds anyone else that they are directly competing with. Their effort to supply that kind of documentation up front indicates a level of professionalism that has impressed me. The interaction I've had through phone calls and email correspondence has been very professional also. The fact that they have had a sale go bad for what may or may not be their problem is not an issue to me. Hell... any company that doesn't have headaches is a company that isn't in business. It is just part of the friction of doing business.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter90 View Post
    Amen to that- every business has to deal with these guys. Fortunately reasonable people will always recognize the type who is seething with some inner frustration not related to the product at all. The guy who started the post about the Tormach seemed to be a reasonable type. He outlined the issues and explained how he felt forced by their inaction to contact an attorney. The amount of talk here is evidence that the readers really expect some sort of explanation from the forum as to why the post was removed. Lack of an explanation seems to be escalating the very talk they want to stop.
    There are situations in any business that you don't want to make public. For that reason, not everything that is said or implied on a public forum can be taken at face value. There are extenuating circumstances that are 100% valid for any company to keep private and not responding is often the smartest choice, especially when someone is talking legal action.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down TORMACH DELETES THEIR THREADS

Hey guys, you have to realize that Tormach manages their own threads and forums. This means that they can delete a thread or comment at any time so you wont see it. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before this comment magically disappears. Its interesting how they they cant even stand behind their product and address negative feedback.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ballix View Post
    Hey guys, you have to realize that Tormach manages their own threads and forums. This means that they can delete a thread or comment at any time so you wont see it. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before this comment magically disappears. Its interesting how they they cant even stand behind their product and address negative feedback.
    Ok I hear you on this but where is it comming from I have a 1100 and have been useing it for years now and it still performs great are you from a competitive company?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think you have not read this thread entirely - it was made entirely clear by a moderator that advertising forum sponsors have already lost their moderation abilities, apparently after issues like this were raised. You would serve everybody well to be more careful before slinging accusations like this around, particularly when credible contrary information is so readily available.

Downloads
    Uploads

Its interesting how they they cant even stand behind their product and address negative feedback.
    I've dealt with very few companies that support their products as well as Tormach does. It is gratifying that they don't feel the need to respond to every unqualified statement made here.

Downloads
    Uploads

What BS.

Downloads
    Uploads

That is FALSE, his is not a moderator and can't delete threads.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    I've dealt with very few companies that support their products as well as Tormach does. It is gratifying that they don't feel the need to respond to every unqualified statement made here.
    Agreed.. the product is outstanding for the money and the support I have received has been even better.

Greg and his team have done an outstanding job brining a real machine to the masses!

David

Downloads
    Uploads

You have done nothing since you have been here but bash Tormach and people who have had problems with their Novakons. Why don't you try posting something constructive for a change.

bob

Downloads
    Uploads

I suggest you read the whole thread thoroughly. (see below).
    Perhaps you have not been around here too long to see how things actually work
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down

Only 4 posts and you went all the way back to 2008 to find this post to respond to?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast