Need Help! Losing steps with the Y axis

Thread: Losing steps with the Y axis

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Losing steps with the Y axis

Hello, I have a PCNC 1100 and from the very beginning I have been losing steps with the Y axis. It was very hard for me to notice because alot of times I was using very small programs. I only notice when the programs were running for several hours. I have tried several things like tightening up my gibs. checking for loose couplings, upgrading to Mach3, switching drivers, etc... and on and on and on.... Now my latest try is disactivating the hyperthread on my computer. I don't know if this will do the trick but I will soon find out. So, if any one has had the same problem as I, please help, for I am about to be hauled away by the intendants at the insane place.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

have you tried switching the stepper motor from the X to the Y? Maybe bad motor? How freely does the ball screw turn by hand compared to the other axis's when machine power is off (don't forget the brake on the Z).

BlueFin CNC LLC
    Southern Oregon

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have finally found the problem... HYPERTHREAD on my computer was activated.. I disactived it and BINGO!! It is now within .005. All I have left to do now is make that a little better.

Downloads
    Uploads

What is HYPERTHREAD? What OS does it correspond too.

-Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedsCustom View Post
    What is HYPERTHREAD? What OS does it correspond too.

-Jason
    Google "Hyperthread".....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hyperthread is a configuration that pentium has in the bios. If your computer has the letters HT on the orange label where it says intel inside, then it has HYperthread technologie. From what I understand about this technologie is that they created a sort of virtual dual core processor, and this creation bugs up some older games and some cnc machines. This was my problem. If you have Hyperthreading then disable it in the Bios and your pc will no longer make weird things on the axis of your machine.