Need Help! Check valve for oil Z axis and how to get to the oil spliter/manifold under base?

Thread: Check valve for oil Z axis and how to get to the oil spliter/manifold under base?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Check valve for oil Z axis and how to get to the oil spliter/manifold under base?

Seen some people use check valve to help with oil flow to the Z. Mine has little flow but could use more, oil is cheap. I can't remember the oil pressure that the automatic oiler makes but I want to say it was close to 1 bar or 14.7 psi.

For those with check valve did you just use any one that was a push to lock connection? I saw where one guy placed it near the top of the head where the manifold was. He said it help solve his problem but I would think it wouldn't do much good as there is nothing stopping the vertical portion of the line from coming back down and free flowing in to the x/y ways.

So I would like to get the check valve as close to the manifold as possibly but not sure how to access the the tee. Having a enclosure is going to make things that much funner.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Check valve for oil Z axis and how to get to the oil spliter/manifold under base?

I put one on my machine at the top of the Z because it was easy acess to the main oil line, a few years back and havent had any problems with it siphoning back since. Once the air is out of the line it should not siphon back down, it hasnt in my case.
    The check valve was a 5mm push on that I purchased from Ebay

My machine sat unused for a week sometimes and the oil would siphon down and it would take about 4 pumps to get oil back on the Z ways with the manual oiler.
    I have a problem now with one of the X ways closest to the operator that isnt oiling correctly, I oil that one manually.

mike sr

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Check valve for oil Z axis and how to get to the oil spliter/manifold under base?

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I put one on my machine at the top of the Z because it was easy acess to the main oil line, a few years back and havent had any problems with it siphoning back since. Once the air is out of the line it should not siphon back down, it hasnt in my case.
    The check valve was a 5mm push on that I purchased from Ebay

My machine sat unused for a week sometimes and the oil would siphon down and it would take about 4 pumps to get oil back on the Z ways with the manual oiler.
    I have a problem now with one of the X ways closest to the operator that isnt oiling correctly, I oil that one manually.
    Mike, do you remember the details of the fitting? If it was design for air or fluids by chance?

For X are you just lubing the exposed ways and moving the table back and forth?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Djstorm100 View Post
    Mike, do you remember the details of the fitting? If it was design for air or fluids by chance?

For X are you just lubing the exposed ways and moving the table back and forth?

https://www.ebay.com/p/1pc-Push-to-C....c100005.m1851

This one looks just like it and about the same price.

I move the table to the left as far as it will go, then lube the exposed end and squirt some in the small cavity over the jib, seems to work fine.

air or oil should work as most air has oil in it, mine has been working for a few years now and looks just like the one in the picture.

If the link doesnt work it is a 5/32 - 4 mm check valve fitting push on

mike sr