Custom Digital Load Meter

Thread: Custom Digital Load Meter

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Custom Digital Load Meter

I am just moving this to have its own thread and not linked to the PDB thread.

This is the Meter I am working on. Seems i am going to add two more features

Features:
    - Monitors Peak reached and it is displayed on top right of screen while cutting (Bar screen mode while cutting)
    - When spindle stops for more than 4 seconds, it assumes tool change or end of job. It displays the peak in full screen mode.
    - When spindle starts running again, peak is reset so peak of the new tool can be displayed.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by narrobb; 01-31-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Custom Digital Load Meter

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    I did a quick check on my 770:
    Pr 5.07 3.5
    Pr 4.21 Ld
    Pr 5.34 Fr
    Pr 11.21 1.000
    Pr 8.35 dig
    Pr 8,41 USEr
    Pr 7.33 P0R
    Pr 11.29 1.08 (software version)
    Pr 5.05 319 and 324 (varies)

I don't see Pr 7.19 in Menu 0. How do you display it?

The 6 volts was a memory of a value measured with the analogue meter and resulted in a broken bit! 4.5 to 5 volts is a typical heavy load.
    If your 7.33 is POR and you do have output, then your 7.19 is for sure correct otherwise manual says output will be zero if not matching the table.

However, it is Menu 7. I assume you have the advance user guide. You use Pr 71 to 80 as sandbox. If you set 71 to 7.19, then value of 7.19 will be stored in 61, allowing you to change it. 71 to 80 are just to allow access to the advance parameters through 61 to 70 (71 -> 61, 72 -> 62 and so on)

I actually went ahead today and changed my 7.33 to A. And of course 7.19 to 4.01 as required. Now my output is Current output and independent of machine type, as other calculations would need different conversion for 1100 or 770. This output is now 0-200% (0-10v) which makes more sense. I did cutting again and I can now trust the Meter. It makes much more sense. Same cut yesterday which was showing 22% is now reaching 80%, SuperFly is cutting at 18% (though swings to 48% just when the motor starts). 1/2" end mill stalled at 95%. I am allowing the Meter to also display more than 100% as settings indicate it can reach 115% (3.5 A rated, with 4A max).

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I have the advanced manual but confess that I haven't read it too carefully. It sounds as though further study is desirable!

The Tormach Load Meter installation guide (https://www.tormach.com/uploads/545/...A_WEB-pdf.html) claims that only older 1100 mills require changes to VFD settings; I've never changed my settings. The manual never exactly defines what is displayed but does say "if the meter’s needle is in the red zone, then this indicates that the drive is pushing 100% current" (my emphasis). Hopefully other 770 users with load meters will comment on their VFD settings.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Yes, I have the advanced manual but confess that I haven't read it too carefully. It sounds as though further study is desirable!

The Tormach Load Meter installation guide (https://www.tormach.com/uploads/545/...A_WEB-pdf.html) claims that only older 1100 mills require changes to VFD settings; I've never changed my settings. The manual never exactly defines what is displayed but does say "if the meter’s needle is in the red zone, then this indicates that the drive is pushing 100% current" (my emphasis). Hopefully other 770 users with load meters will comment on their VFD settings.
    If i am going to take a wild guess, I would say Tormach have some resistor network just to make the POR settings work with FS. Both our settings are POR from factory, except POR equation in the manual does not have Active current in it. According to the guide; Por: Voltage proportional to output power. Perfect, except the range is way higher than our KW.

The guide indicates the POR is KW output. If you solve the equation for 10v, its way over our 770 range. Hence, why I was not seeing any more than 3V in my first setup. We can solve power for any volt out. Just saying things are not adding up.

Now I am seeing 80% when the machine really screaming, 30%-40% normal work. Light work like the Superfly with 0.01" DOC is 10%-15%. These are better reflection of the job really.

Yes, will be great for those with their own Analog meter to chime in. Of course, if someone has a Tormach Meter and they want to help; measure the resistance between the line that goes to B1 and Gnd. (with the B1 line not connected), this gives the total resistance in their meter to compare notes. On the other hand, is there anyone with Tormach Meter (with 770) that sees more than 50% on the meter.