PP 2.0 Lathe Retrofit V3 Now With a Tormach Lathe BOB. Hitachi WJ200 VFD Assistance.

Thread: PP 2.0 Lathe Retrofit V3 Now With a Tormach Lathe BOB. Hitachi WJ200 VFD Assistance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PP 2.0 Lathe Retrofit V3 Now With a Tormach Lathe BOB. Hitachi WJ200 VFD Assistance.

Full Re-Retrofit On My Blog...

I Somehow Obtained a Actual Tormach Lathe BOB for My Retrofit...

Everything is Going Well I Have Full Accurate Movement, I had to Change Some Proximity Sensors From PNP to NPN homing and limits e-stop all working as they should..

My goal "almost there" is that with Path Pilot just a couple small edits to the INI File and updating should be simple when the Tormach updates roll out as well as adding a Turret in the future.

My Issue Right now is I Trying to Figure Out the VFD Configuration and Adapt to the Hitachi WJ200 to the Tormach BOB, Tormach Uses An Emerson Commander SK VFD.

The VFD Configuration is the next to the Last thing on my list for the Electrical Side.. Then after little over 3 years and multiple configurations I can Finally get things finished up.

Most the Connections Are Self Explanatory Hooking to the BOB Hitachi. Just trying to Figure How They are Using the Emerson I.O. for the Speed Control. (do not really want to assume and let the magic smoke out) It is hooked up on the lathe differently then the Mill or I would just go to my 1100 and pull the settings.

B1, B3, B7, On the Emerson Are In Question.

Ideal Help Would be to have someone with a Slant Lathe Pull Their Settings From The Emerson VFD for the I.O. (Thank You rdsi)

Manuals: SK Reference | SK Advanced | WJ200

Emerson = Hitachi
    T1 = L Lower
    T5 & T6 = N/A (This is an E=Stop if Closed Prob Will set it to Normally Open Alarm Relay AL0-AL1 on the Hitachi.)
    B1 = ? See Below (Will Assume Will Go to O on the Hitachi but could be EA also)
    B2 = P24
    B3 = ? See Below
    B4 = N/A (Drive Enable Tied to B2 24V Pins 9 & 10 on BOB)
    B5 = 1 (Forward)
    B6 = 2 (Reverse)
    B7 = ? See Below (Solved EA) Set WJ200 A001 Frequency Source to 06 Pulse.

From the Emerson Manual

B1 Analog Voltage Output - Motor speed
    Voltage Output 0 to +10V
    Scaling 0V represents 0Hz/rpm output +10V represents the value in Pr 02 Maximum set speed
    Maximum output current 5mA
    Resolution 0.1%

B1 Tormach Setting
    A Voltage proportional to output current again not sure how to translate that to Hitachi WJ200 settings .

B3 Digital Output - Zero Speed (or Digital Input)
    Voltage Range 0 to +24V
    Maximum Output Current 50mA at +24V (current source)

B3 Function Tormach Settings
    N=0 Zero Speed ??? How does that Translate to Hitachi WJ200 settings.

B7 Digital Input - Local/Remote Speed Reference
    Logic Positive
    Voltage range 0 to +24V
    Nominal threshold voltage +10V

B7 Function Tormach Settings
    Fr Frequency input Using Pulse Train Setting and EA On Hitachi WJ200

BOB to Emerson VFD

WJ200

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Contract_Pilot; 01-18-2018 at 07:30 PM.
    CNC Machines: Tormach PCNC 1100 CNC Mill W4th Axis | Birmingham 12X36 Lathe W/ CNC Retrofit W/Tormach BOB PathPilot & SKCD200220 VFD | My Personal Blog www.stevenrhine.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PP 2.0 Lathe Retrofit V3 Now With a Tormach Lathe BOB. Hitachi WJ200 VFD Assistan

rdsi thank you, thank you, this may help a whole bunch. I will check it out. Hope I can translate it to the WJ200.

CNC Machines: Tormach PCNC 1100 CNC Mill W4th Axis | Birmingham 12X36 Lathe W/ CNC Retrofit W/Tormach BOB PathPilot & SKCD200220 VFD | My Personal Blog www.stevenrhine.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PP 2.0 Lathe Retrofit V3 Now With a Tormach Lathe BOB. Hitachi WJ200 VFD Assistan

I have some spindle control now thanks rdsi.. just a small window about 5HZ will have to dive deeper in to the settings thanks a bunch. Got the ProDriveNext Software up and going now also.

Downloads
    Uploads

Still have not connected B1 & B3 due to deciphering language... but Changing Hitachi P055 Pulse Train Freq. Scale from Default 25 to around 2.9 gets me very active spindle movement wi change of spindle speed.. But not what it should be at 1000RPm may be getting 800 or 1200

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Contract_Pilot

Can you identify the Large IC just to the left of PN 32574. Do you by chance have any high resolution images of this board?

Thanks,

Iron-Man

Downloads
    Uploads

PIC16F1947

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Contract_Pilot View Post
    PIC16F1947
    I noticed that J2 connects to the turret control board. The PIC has signals that terminate at J2.
    The PIC has "Capture/Compare/PWM Peripherals 5 Input Capture, 2 CCP, 3 ECCP,"
    I am almost certain that the PIC16F1947 is used to decode the PWM signals form PathPilot to control the turret.

Have you by chance tried to download the code on it?

Thanks,

Iron-Man

Last edited by Iron-Man; 03-30-2019 at 09:26 PM. Reason: PIC functions