Finished Renishaw.

Thread: Finished Renishaw.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Finished Renishaw.

I just completed adapting a Renishaw MP-3 to my Tormach. Haven't yet checked the accuracy but the reputability is 1/10. I've taken a few photos I hope I'll be able to share.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Finished Renishaw.

Quote Originally Posted by jttoner View Post
    I just completed adapting a Renishaw MP-3 to my Tormach. Haven't yet checked the accuracy but the reputability is 1/10. I've taken a few photos I hope I'll be able to share.
    Good to hear John.....

You can email me the pics and I can post them for you if you like.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, pm the email address to me and I'll send the photos.

Downloads
    Uploads

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finished Renishaw.-20171226_161154-jpg   Finished Renishaw.-20171225_165847-jpg   Finished Renishaw.-20171225_164800-jpg  
    mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finished Renishaw.-20171226_145231-jpg   Finished Renishaw.-20171225_165545-jpg  
    mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

The preceding two posts are pics of Jttoners MP3 Renishaw conversion for use on a Tormach 1100.

Congrats John!!

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

John,
    I was wondering if you are using the probe and how you like it?
    I am using mine on the wood game blocks, setting them up etc, dont really need super accuracy for that ha!!

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Mike,

Good to hear from you. Yes, I use it all the time both for setting edge and/or corner zero as well as for tool length. Works great, the Tormach's user interface doesn't have any problem with it. Expensive but so well worth it. The Tormach probe was forever letting me down. Then I'd have to disassemble, clean, and recalibrate.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am making some parts (RC), a fellow designs them, I pretty them up a bit and cut them for him, makes the probe very useful!

I think if someone made the boots for them he could do well as most of the cheaper ones on ebay the boots are shot and Renishaw doesnt sell them anymore as the probes are obsolete and have been for quite some time I understand.

Glad to hear its working well for you............

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Probably injection moulded. I used to run a rubber press for a division of Federal Mogul, (Arrowhead Products). I was making parts for Trident Missiles. They were about 8 in diameter and very flexible.The compound was some sort of black rubber like material. Platens 350* F. but I don't recall the tonnage. Wasn't rocket science.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I am making some parts (RC), a fellow designs them, I pretty them up a bit and cut them for him, makes the probe very useful!

I think if someone made the boots for them he could do well as most of the cheaper ones on ebay the boots are shot and Renishaw doesnt sell them anymore as the probes are obsolete and have been for quite some time I understand.

Glad to hear its working well for you............
    Here’s a link to a Renishaw probe conversion with details on one way to deal with the boots. This was for an MP11, but the MP3 should be pretty similar. https://lensprojects.wordpress.com/2...-tormach-mill/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lens42 View Post
    Here’s a link to a Renishaw probe conversion with details on one way to deal with the boots. This was for an MP11, but the MP3 should be pretty similar. https://lensprojects.wordpress.com/2...-tormach-mill/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lens,

I had read your writeup, very professional and informative! I found out that the holes I use for probing need to be very clean, my readings were off by a thou or two, so I cleaned the hole with a cotton swab and the readings were back to 00 or at the most a tenth off. I am really getting spoiled with mine........

I figured out how to use the probe for setting the Z axis to the part surface, eliminates a step and more accurate than the dial indicator I was using 11 dollar version) I am sure.

again, nice writeup/pictures!

mike sr