Coolant cram through stand solved

Thread: Coolant cram through stand solved

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Coolant cram through stand solved

770 on their stand.

Like many others, had flood coolant leak through and into the stand despite being very deliberate in the use of their dealing product when building the enclosure and attaching the chip panels.

To fix the problem, I sprayed Flex Seal inside the cabinet along all the joins on the top. It seeps into the cracks and then solidifies and cures in 24-48 hrs. No more leaks. Quick and easy to do.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Coolant cram through stand solved

POR-15 has been used too. Long discussion on this several years ago.

I've never understood why Tormach ships the stands with the machine facing surfaces already painted. Seem like it'd make much more sense to just admit that the stand is going to leak (that seems to be the universal experience). Despite sealant in the seams. So, why not protect those surfaces temporarily (peel-off, washable anti-rust coat, something) and send along a can of sealant to make a full-coat overall seal? Make that part of the final assembly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Coolant cram through stand solved

Quote Originally Posted by dannirr View Post
    770 on their stand.

....flood coolant leak.....

To fix the problem, I sprayed Flex Seal inside the cabinet along all the joins on the top. It seeps into the cracks and then solidifies and cures in 24-48 hrs. No more leaks. Quick and easy to do.
    How clean do you have to get it before spraying? I don’t use flood but have way oil seeping into the computer cabinet. I’m worried that oil residue in the cracks will prevent a spray sealant from working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk