440 Will not Reference

Thread: 440 Will not Reference

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 440 Will not Reference

Strange behavior started between Ops when I tried to move Z manually and I got an error message that the machine was in EStop when it physically was not. I powered the controller off and on and tried going through reset again and again I was getting axis on limit messages when again it clearly wasn't. I quit for the night and powered the whole mill off. This morning I now get no bed movement when I try to reference and manually have very limited movement in x and y... By hand the limit switches show that they are working in the status page. I am about out of ideas. Seems like I need a "reset to factory defaults" type of move but not sure how to do that. Guess Im done for the weekend... Will try tech support at Tormach on Monday unless you all have other approaches I can try. Thanks for your help..

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 440 Will not Reference

I have an 1100 and am not too familiar with the 440. Here's some things to try/check:

1) Is there a lockout on the spindle door/cover - make sure that door is closed.
    2) Disable the limit switches on the settings page in PathPilot to see if it allows jogging of the axis.

Report back.

WW

Downloads
    Uploads

Went through numerous reboots. Disabled and Enabled limit switches and about the umpteenth reboot it worked. I did so many things I’m not sure what the main issue was.
    But I’m happy... I got to make chips today.
    Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Even though you got it working now, make sure you call Tormach about it. The Leadshine MX3660 in these things has a hardware bug that results in just what you reported. You are not the first one who has wrestled with this issue. It is like the controller sets an internal flag when an e-stop occurs, and refuses to release it.

One way to avoid this is never, ever unless you need to to keep something from breaking, use the e-stop. Or so I have been told.

I suspect that Tormach is sorry that they chose the all-in-one MX3660 solutions instead of their "tried and true" machine control board (BOB) and discrete drivers.

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Definitely check with tormach. I've gone thru 3 controllers. 2 when I've upgraded to pdb and now atc. I don't understand why the pdb or atc would cause the controller to burn out.